Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
it tickles dont it
228 Posts
Has anyone else ordered SuperPails of food and received them "dented"? Is this ok or should I send it back? Does this mean the seal is broken?
you mean pre -filled with food from the factory?
If they are dented its from the sides being sucked in from a nitro flush or use of O2 absorbers and no Mylar bags!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they were re-filled. I wasn't sure if it was form being flushed but they are supposed to have mettalized bags. They look like the sides were sucked in.

Is it safe to assume that if the boxes didn't look damaged then it is just the sides being sucked in from a nitro flush?

·
it tickles dont it
228 Posts
Yeah, they were re-filled. I wasn't sure if it was form being flushed but they are supposed to have mettalized bags. They look like the sides were sucked in.

Is it safe to assume that if the boxes didn't look damaged then it is just the sides being sucked in from a nitro flush?

if the food is packed in Mylar bags, open them up and inspect them.
Why?
Well the bucket is just a "container" to hold the Mylar bag and its contents.
Check and make sure they are not trashed if they are return them.
More than likely they will not be damaged but if your curious look.
If they are in Mylar it will not hurt them to open the buckets, Go to the site you purchased them from and check to see if they have a FAQ that shows how they packed their foods/grains. Most places go Mylar and o2 absorbers these days.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Think of your gallon milk jugs when you bring them in from the grocery store....

The containers are designed to "give" without BREAKING. A "dent" in a plastic bucket MEANS NOTHING. Well yes it does, it means the packer was smart enough to use a container that wouldn't BREAK OPEN when the UPS guy or Johnny the LTL driver bumped it against the side of the truck.

99.9% of the time this is natural and absolutely nothing wrong with your contents. Don't bother your supplier (if he's known he's VERY busy right now) with this, your food is FINE!!.

Technically it "can" mean the o2 absorbers pulled in the side of the bucket, but that's VERY rare as most do not use that high amount (CC's) of absorption.

Now if your bucket was CRACKED this would be a different story.... I think just about every bucket I have that was SHIPPED to me has this. Altitude has a lot to do with it also. A lot of packers are based in UT and ID, higher elevations there.

Nothing to see people move along... :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.