Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.computerworld.com/articl...49362a07ef34303a1#tk.CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2015-10-19

SunTrust Banks in Atlanta is laying off about 100 IT workers as it moves work offshore. But this layoff is unusual for what it is asking of the soon-to-be displaced workers: The bank's severance agreement requires terminated employees to remain available for two years to provide help if needed, including in-person assistance, and to do so without compensation.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
If you don't want the severance package then don't take the deal.

The people that are being laid off are accepting an offer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's even worse than having to train your replacement.
According to the article they are doing that as well.

If you don't want the severance package then don't take the deal.

The people that are being laid off are accepting an offer.
No. Employees are getting laid off, whether they get any type of Severance depends on whether or not they agree to the terms - i.e. be on call for two years without compensation.

I've seen this before, being in IT. I would only agree to the severance package if it included an adequate amount of money. At which point in time I would stress the "reasonable" part in my availability.

·
Bazinga!
1,552 Posts
Cut-throat POS's - I stopped doing business with Suntrust years ago.
Take the packages and be available if you feel like it. Or find one of the hundreds of wage and civil attorneys foaming at the mouth to jump into action :)

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,914 Posts
as a self employed IT, that has done, and continues to do, contract work, **** that....

i pulled an auto loan from suntrust over to bbt because of lousy attitude and poor customer service....loved jammin it down the local branch managers throat too....

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
No. Employees are getting laid off, whether they get any type of Severance depends on whether or not they agree to the terms - i.e. be on call for two years without compensation.

I've seen this before, being in IT. I would only agree to the severance package if it included an adequate amount of money. At which point in time I would stress the "reasonable" part in my availability.
That is what I said. If you don't like the severance offer don't accept it. You don't HAVE to take what they offer.

Likely however, these people will take the offer because that is the best they feel they can get in this market. I would suspect they are going to provide pretty sub par work for the compensation...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts