Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sons of Liberty
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent this Sunday Hiking the Fort to Sea trail with 4 of my kids. We also grabbed 2 of the 3 caches on the trail, the 3rd was on a forked trail that I choose the other route and did not get this time.

I threw a Day pack on normally my bob but left about 40lbs of gear on to also do a run of how fit I was. Part of that was the 5 liters of water I brought with us. The trail was 6miles and for at least 2 miles I carried my 4yr daughter along with my pack approximately a total weight of 80 lbs.

My legs are slightly sore today as well as my oblique’s but I am doing really well otherwise. My 12yr old is the only one who seemed to complain about being really sore. He also was hurting at mile 4 but he complained little and pushed himself to mile 6.

I also during the hike pointed out several edible plants I know, Showed them a dry run of picking tender and placing it next to your body to dry a little, and how to us a Swedish fire steel. They absorbed it and all asked many questions. And also picked up tinder and placed it in their pockets to dry it. It was to cool how they absorb this info when they are having fun.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good deal...I cannot wait til my 2 year old is out in the woods with me...she seems to enjoy the outdoors and I hope that continues.

Getting kids started early is very good for their development.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Great job!
I think the only reason I can imagine for having kids is to pass them you skills and knowledge while enjoying their company outdoors..
other then that they are only screaming/crying/farting/s**ting/annoying/money eating/blood sucking little creatures!

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Good job on getting them kids active and outdoors, we need more parents like you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts