Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookn for a one n done gun! The ptr91 gi! I dnt wanna buy a lottery ticket, win sum loose sum! Has the ptr91 gi worked out their problems where I will still b smiling aftr 3000 rounds or will it spend more time in the shop than the field? I dnt wanna b worried bout buying the right or wrong serial numbers!:cool:

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,760 Posts
I'm lookn for a one n done gun! The ptr91 gi! I dnt wanna buy a lottery ticket, win sum loose sum! Has the ptr91 gi worked out their problems where I will still b smiling aftr 3000 rounds or will it spend more time in the shop than the field? I dnt wanna b worried bout buying the right or wrong serial numbers!:cool:
First of all, welcome to the forum. :)

Secondly, you might want to drop the abbreviations and txt spk because it will get you insulted here more often than not.

Third, I spoke with a factory rep from PTR a couple of months ago (their factory is a couple of towns over from me) and he said that the GI was as reliable as any gun in their repertoire. Personally, I have never fired the GI model, but I have fired one of their earlier versions, and have had my heart on one ever since.

Lastly, I don't think a full power rifle round alone is going to keep you happy for long. There is a lot they can't do, like harvest small game, or feed your rifle affordably, for that matter. :eek:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ptr-32 would be my one and done gun but i have a lot more than one gun.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. :)

Secondly, you might want to drop the abbreviations and txt spk because it will get you insulted here more often than not.

Third, I spoke with a factory rep from PTR a couple of months ago (their factory is a couple of towns over from me) and he said that the GI was as reliable as any gun in their repertoire. Personally, I have never fired the GI model, but I have fired one of their earlier versions, and have had my heart on one ever since.

Lastly, I don't think a full power rifle round alone is going to keep you happy for long. There is a lot they can't do, like harvest small game, or feed your rifle affordably, for that matter. :eek:
There factory is in a public storage building in Farmington c.t. or in the Unionville section of Farmington.They know what they are doing.If you went to the Hartford gun club back in 2002-2003 they tested serial #1-2 and offered me to buy 1 and i kick my self in the ass every so often when i read posts of ptr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a G3 "clone" and if you shop around ammo is relatively cheap. After trying different brands of ammo I decided to purchase 1000 rounds of Herters ammo from Cabelas. I got it shipped to my door (in two dry boxes) for about 320 bucks. I have shot a couple of hundred rounds of this stuff and it's accurate and I haven't had any feeding issues or any fail to fires.

I also have a couple of ar's but if it came down to it and I only had time to grab one rifle I am thinking that you can't go wrong with the PTR or HK or any of it's clones and variants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.