Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my 30 day supply of MRE's. I received 4 boxes of everything from crackers to packets of peanut butter to main entrees, etc. If they were in any kind of order, they are NOT now, from me routing around in the boxes! My question is this: How should I put them away? (They will be going in the basement)

Option 1 - Just put them away as is.

Option 2 - Put all the entrees together...all the crackers together, etc.

Option 3 - Make up indivdual bags with one of each thing in them.

Any ideas would be welcome! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,534 Posts
I think I'd take the time to sort them so that you can just grab a meal quickly as you need it, rather than have to root around and try to round up the components to make one. I've never heard of them not coming bagged as individual meals. But I think I'd bag them.

·
Matthew 5:7
313 Posts
Sorted, box taped close

I sort mine by entrees, side dishes or desserts. I keep them in a big box that is taped closed in case I have to leave the house quickly. I didn't even think about bagging them to make complete meals, good idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'd take the time to sort them so that you can just grab a meal quickly as you need it, rather than have to root around and try to round up the components to make one. I've never heard of them not coming bagged as individual meals. But I think I'd bag them.
Mike, I was surprised as well...that's why I'm a bit undecided. The other ones I have are pre-packaged as individual bags, with a day's worth of stuff in them.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
Mike, I order them from Emergency Essentials as individual components sometimes, so I can pick and choose what I like. I then make up a meal in a large ziplock bag.

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Store in a cool dry place with an even temperature. Leave them in the original case if possible. Thats what I'm doing with my MRE's.

The MRE's I have are set aside for the times I may have to travel away from my location. Say for example I want to scout the area after the SHTF, rather than pack food I'll toss a couple MRE's in the ruck and I'm GTG for a look about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts