Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Over 40 Club
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of storing kerosene as a back up heat source should we ever be out of electricity, and my backup generators run out of stored gas.

I have been watching Craig's List for a used 250 gal tank , but so far no luck, and I can't find any companies in my area that sell them, so for those of you that do store kerosene.

How do you do it ? Also can you get kerosene delivered to your home like you can propane ?

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
I am thinking of storing kerosene as a back up heat source should we ever be out of electricity, and my backup generators run out of stored gas.

I have been watching Craig's List for a used 250 gal tank , but so far no luck, and I can't find any companies in my area that sell them, so for those of you that do store kerosene.

How do you do it ? Also can you get kerosene delivered to your home like you can propane ?
Call your heating oil guy and ask for K-1 stove oil. right how here it's 2.60/gal over 100 gal. 2.70/gal less than 100 gal.

You can also trailer 5 gal containers to the minimart and get K-1 kerosene 3-4 bucks a gallon.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts

You can also use 55gal drums with a bung spout and put them on those rocker stands. Thanks what my city relatives did during the 40s/50s before the world changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts