Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Indefatigable
21,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I live in the city, I have a source for fresh goat meat, which my husband and I both love.
There are not alot of recipes out there. Our favorite ways to cook it are in the pressure cooker with pearl onions, rosemary and new potatos or in a curry. Of course the ground meat is an easy subsitute for any other ground meat. I have experimented with many more but would love to hear your suggestions.

The same person I get the goat from told me he had several fresh rabbits (domestic) and asked if I would like one. I declined this time but told him to please offer again in the future. The reason I didn't take it was I want to know what to do with it once I get it. The only ones I have ever cooked have been wild and it has been in a stew pot or on a spit over a fire. Does anyone have any rabbit recipes?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Although I live in the city, I have a source for fresh goat meat, which my husband and I both love.
There are not alot of recipes out there. Our favorite ways to cook it are in the pressure cooker with pearl onions, rosemary and new potatos or in a curry. Of course the ground meat is an easy subsitute for any other ground meat. I have experimented with many more but would love to hear your suggestions.

The same person I get the goat from told me he had several fresh rabbits (domestic) and asked if I would like one. I declined this time but told him to please offer again in the future. The reason I didn't take it was I want to know what to do with it once I get it. The only ones I have ever cooked have been wild and it has been in a stew pot or on a spit over a fire. Does anyone have any rabbit recipes?
Muslims & Jamacians love goat. If you know any, you could try hitting them up for a recipe. My wife was stationed in greece & she said they have some good recipes for goat as well.

Don't know about rabbit sorry.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Best I can offer you rabbit wise is a variety of stews. Rabbit meat can sometimes be a tad tough, so its helpful to marinade, steam, or pressure cook it. My favorite is the standard stew: Meat, potato, carrot, gravy, onion. Spice it up be serving it in a pie crust for rabbit pot pie.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
marinades of all sorts, barbeque, goat summer sausage is great, rabbit with clove and cinnamon and raisins in a basic brown gravy is superb.
classic greek recipie for goat is to slow roast with a little garlic and oregano, serve once it starts to fall apart on pita with sliced cucumber, onion, fresh tomato and sour cream. mmmmmm!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts