Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Sugar in the Raw in their preps (see below link)? I am planning putting up in Mylar and food grade buckets (without oxygen absorbers) 25 pounds. Given the different manufacturing process between this product and normal white sugar I was wondering if there is know issues with storing this type of sugar long term. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sugarintheraw.com/

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
It's turbinado sugar, and you store it basically the same. O2 absorbers, as you probably already know, would turn it into a brick.

Not nutritionally any different from regular sugar but it's always nice to have variety.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
That is the only sugar I use. You can get it at Walmart. I just like the taste of it.
Yup, what he said :thumb: I love the stuff, it's flavor is noticably better than plain white sugar, makes all the difference in my mandatory morning cup o' joe. Though we have a decent load of regular sugar put up, I also have maybe ten boxes of Sugar In The Raw put away,but back off Jack,that there's my personal stash:D:.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
Yup, what he said :thumb: I love the stuff, it's flavor is noticably better than plain white sugar, makes all the difference in my mandatory morning cup o' joe. Though we have a decent load of regular sugar put up, I also have maybe ten boxes of Sugar In The Raw put away,but back off Jack,that there's my personal stash:D:.

Is that the name of it? I wanna try some in coffee. Taste better, huh?

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Yeah, to both previous posts. :thumb: It DOES taste better, and it IS more expensive. But since I usually just have a single cup in the a.m., with one rounded teaspoon, the cost ain't that prohibitive.

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
We only use sugar in the raw or other organic sugars....it helps if you don't have to use much and we don't....we use about a box every 45 days or so....were not big into sugar usage around here....sweets arnt that big of a hit around here even with a 11 year old and a 14 year old lol.

___________________________________________________ _____________
❤❤ Someones out there loves me as much as I love them....and I miss them ❤❤

·
Registered
168 Posts
OP, a pound of rice to 24 pounds of of sugar in a food grade storage container will do you justice for a long time. Just like storing salt IMO, it lasts forever, and having a grain or two of rice in your pancakes or cookies isn't a big deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts