Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The government has not been able to keep track of all the airport security uniforms and badges it issues, which makes secure areas in airports vulnerable to terrorists posing as authorized officials, according to an ...

More...

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
As a Merchant Mariner, I recieved a TWIC card from TSA. It was my understanding that TWIC would be eventually be extended to airport workers so as to prevent the sort of security issues outlined in the article. A TWIC program in airports would seem to me to work even more efficiantly than it does for the Merchant Mariner, since there are far fewer people involved, working in areas more easily adapted to that sort of access regulation. TSA already said they would do this in airports, so I question the point of the article.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've worked at Sea-Tac airport in Seattle, Wa and they were pretty strict about you returning your ID badge. I don't remember what exactly the penalty was. All of the areas though you have to swipe your badge to get onto the airport so if some went missing when someone was fired or quit, they could just deactivate that badge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts