Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i am new to the forum and have decided that I really need some advice on something that i have been having a problem with lately. I work about 30 miles away from home and in the event that something sould happen while i am at work i have put together a small 72 hour bug out kit together to keep in my vehicle. the problem i am having is that due to space reasons i am forced to keep this kit in the bed of my truck, which means that it must be weatherproof. and i want it to be light enough to carry so i decided on a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. i was very happy with my set up until i opened the bucket 6 months later and found everything soaking wet, mold and everything. i had to throw almost everything away. after further investigation i found nothing wrong with the o-ring seal or any noticeable defects with the container. had an ammo can separate also in the truck bed that got soaked as well, it had some sterno fuel and a sterno stove for winter in it. the whole inside was rusted and the matches that were in a vac sealed bag in the ammo can were also ruined. the only possible reason i could come up with was sweat forming on the inside of the containers due to temp fluctuations. so my question is will a dessicant be able to combat that much moisture and also up for other suggestions. its just so frustrating buying a "waterproof" container and finding it full of water, thanks for your imput

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.