Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article I found on yahoo health about stomach cancer.

I'am wondering if its related to so many kids and young adults being overweight? And how much of a factor does chemicals, salt, preservatives,,, in our food play a role? When you have kids that live off fast food, what do we really expect?

I'am wondering if the "young and white" population is affected the most, because they are the ones that eat the most fast food?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100504/ap_on_he_me/us_med_stomach_cancer

CHICAGO – Scientists are puzzling over a surprising increase in stomach cancer in young white adults, while rates in all other American adults have declined. Chances for developing stomach cancer are still very low in young adults but the incidence among 25 to 39 year old whites nonetheless climbed by almost 70 percent in the past three decades, a study found.

National Cancer Institute researchers and colleagues examined new cases from 1977 to 2006 of cancer in the lower stomach, which can be caused by chronic infection with a common bacteria called H. pylori. It also causes stomach ulcers.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
I think we focus only on what is in the food. Like calories. We forgot that some foods are irritants to the gastric system. It's well known that slow processed food like too much meat and lack of fiber causes bowel cancer but of course if you drink soda every day you will irritate the stomach lining. Fat can also be an irritant. People can carry the germ for ulcers and still be nearly symptom free if they treat their stomachs nicely.

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
so you think there was more stomach cancer in 1977, but we didn't know??
that doesn't fly.
yup. in the 1950s there are less cases of stomach cancer and in 1900 even less cases of cancer and in the 1800s zero cases of cancer.

its sort of the same as how autism has increased 100 fold from 10 years ago. if someone has asperger's disease 10 years ago they would not be considered autistic but now if you have asperger's disease then its considered as a form of autism.

·
Registered
557 Posts
our bodies are designed to run smoothly and fix them selfs. hammer the immune system and **** happens. every one is born with cancerous cells and carries them. its when the immune system is fighting off crap we dump into it that it lapses on taking care of other issues. in the late 1980's cancer was a 80 billion dollar a year industry. i repeat INDUSTRY.
its not surprising cancer has increased. between poor eating and the pharmacutical companies making pills by the gazillions why the **** would they want to fix the problem. much more profitable to react then act. see now you got my BP elevated, i better go take a pill..............................

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
I'am wondering if the "young and white" population is affected the most, because they are the ones that eat the most fast food?
I expect fast food is a factor, as well as the predominance of processed food and lack of real vegetables and fruit. However, i would strongly suspect that black people eat as much or more fast food as white people so i can't see how that would explain it.

However, in peoples who eat a diet with sufficent vegetables to cause defecation once or more per day there are NO incidents of bowel cancer ever and very few incidents of stomach cancers. If you're not defecating everday then toxins are sitting in your system and poisoning you. If you're not defecating everyday then you have a diet which is affecting your health.

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
everyone on this thread has their own opinion of this cancer study and what has caused the increase in cancer. i doubt anyone, on this thread, is a doctor. no one here has the credentials to offer a sound medical opinion.

Would you people give your opinions on how to launch the space shuttle more efficiently? or give you opinion on how to bridge the gap in physics? no because your (probably) not a aerospace engineer or a physicist, but when it comes to medical issues everyone thinks they are a doctor.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Would you people give your opinions on how to launch the space shuttle more efficiently? or give you opinion on how to bridge the gap in physics? no because your (probably) not a aerospace engineer or a physicist, but when it comes to medical issues everyone thinks they are a doctor.
I don't need to be a doctor to have read the medical paper which uncovered the FACT that peoples who have diets so full of vegetables that they defecate at least once a day do not get bowel cancer and have very low levels of stomach cancer.

(and i'm not a doctor but i do come from a medical background, i only ever post of medical matters where i have absolute knowledge, not simply opinions)

·
Registered
557 Posts
everyone on this thread has their own opinion of this cancer study and what has caused the increase in cancer. i doubt anyone, on this thread, is a doctor. no one here has the credentials to offer a sound medical opinion.

what the **** exactly is your point?

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
I don't need to be a doctor to have read the medical paper which uncovered the FACT that peoples who have diets so full of vegetables that they defecate at least once a day do not get bowel cancer and have very low levels of stomach cancer.

(and i'm not a doctor but i do come from a medical background, i only ever post of medical matters where i have absolute knowledge, not simply opinions)
please show a source for your claim: "peoples who have diets so full of vegetables that they defecate at least once a day do not get bowel cancer and have very low levels of stomach cancer."

i couldn't find any peer reviewed medical papers that say if you poop once a day you will never have bowel cancer and it lowers your chances of stomach cancer.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
please show a source for your claim: "peoples who have diets so full of vegetables that they defecate at least once a day do not get bowel cancer and have very low levels of stomach cancer."

i couldn't find any peer reviewed medical papers that say if you poop once a day you will never have bowel cancer and it lowers your chances of stomach cancer.

It was an article i read in the Lancet. Look it up yourself, right after you give up being an ignorant jerk.

·
great survivalist *****
1,258 Posts
It was an article i read in the Lancet. Look it up yourself, right after you give up being an ignorant jerk.
wow character attack is the first card u play. im sorry that you took it so personally that i couldn't find any sources that back up the claim you made. i looked at thelancet.com and couldn't find anything to back up your claim: "if you poop once a day you cannot get bowel cancer"

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
wow character attack is the first card u play. im sorry that you took it so personally that i couldn't find any sources that back up the claim you made. i looked at thelancet.com and couldn't find anything to back up your claim: "if you poop once a day you cannot get bowel cancer"
Interesting that you attribute words to me in quote marks that i did not write.

That is a dishonest act on your part, no need for character attack, you have just exposed yourself quite clearly.

If you had any sort of medical training or education then you would know all about Dr Denis Burkitts classic studies on diet and bowel cancer. The fact that you don't just proves that you are completely ignorant on this subject. As such this is a great opportunity for you to be silent, listen to those who are actually knowledgable and learn something.

BTW, i actually read the Lancet magazine, not browse its website, just as i read the BMJ. What do you read?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.