Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts
At 4 months coronaviruses can infect the majority of people. This is the 50% threshold point. The actual range can vary from a couple weeks to years, maybe even lifetime in rare instances involving immature immune systems (children).

A failure to contract a disease and submit yourself for testing given a certain amount of time does not equate to immunity for that period of time.

Coronaviruses are essentially weak to IgM antibodies but resistant to IgG antibodies (with evidence that IgG antibodies actually help the virus more than they hurt it), with the innate immune system which lasts around a month actually playing the largest role in viral inactivation. About 3-4 months in the immune system will typically have lost IgM antibodies and be relying on IgG antibodies. Initial studies have shown SARS-2 mRNA vaccines to peak IgM antibodies at 2 months and then rapidly decline. Post-vaccination infections are matched to this decline despite the presence of IgG antibodies. It is hoped that the presence of IgG antibodies, while not preventing infection, will still be able to shorten illness and reduce symptoms, however there is also evidence that they actually make it worse and the vaccines have not been around long enough to truly test this and it is extremely difficult to get an accurate reading of 'reduced symptoms' without highly controlled human experimentation which violates the ethics policies of most institutions.

SARS-CoV-2 immunity: review and applications to phase 3 vaccine candidates

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,740 Posts
Oh I see. Well that's different indeed. My wife thinks I have a dangerous job and worries unnecessarily. I can't imagine what it must be like to have the better half doing that job, not these days.

Hats off ma'am. Police have always been good to me. Course I tend to keep myself out of trouble cept when I get to hauling ass to get home!
Thank you! I had generally had indifferent but less than pleasant experiences with LE until I met the old man. A couple of times the guys were just absolute bastards just because they could be. Which is something I don't understand what any decent human gets from. I mean i understand a bad day, for sure, but I'll never understand being an ass just for the sake of being an ass.

I will tell you this -- being married to a JBT is NOTHING like I thought it would be. We had been married a whole month when 9/11 happened. Even though we were nowhere near the action, it still turned our world upside down for a few weeks. He had been a cop for 10 years when that happened so he just did what cops do and I was left to figure the rest of it out on my own. It was a sobering experience, that's for sure.

I think we (translation: I -- me myself and I) did okay until many years later when the 2 NYC officers were shot and killed in their cruiser while eating lunch. That event changed me and I rode him like a dying horse until he finally just gave up and retired with 28 years in. I'm not sure what snapped in me after all that time because I am not usually a fear-driven person but I spent the whole 18 months it took me to get him to turn his paperwork in absolutely terrified I was gonna get a phone call he'd been shot in the head sitting at an interaction or some such other equally ridiculous scenario.

No matter how much we fuss at you guys we still worry when you're doing what you do when you aren't where we can keep an eye on ya! 😉😁👍

·
Indefatigable
20,523 Posts
6 months - 6 years I will take the vaccination as often as needed, along with pneumonia, shingles and flu vaccine. I had both the flu and pneumonia once each in my life, while I was young and before COPD took hold. The next time could be the last. My husband has had the shingles I sure don't want those either. Maybe its because I'm getting older, but I am willing to bet I will live longer by taking those than by NOT taking them. That's a good enough reason for me.

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts
Thank you! I had generally had indifferent but less than pleasant experiences with LE until I met the old man. A couple of times the guys were just absolute bastards just because they could be. Which is something I don't understand what any decent human gets from. I mean i understand a bad day, for sure, but I'll never understand being an ass just for the sake of being an ass.

I will tell you this -- being married to a JBT is NOTHING like I thought it would be. We had been married a whole month when 9/11 happened. Even though we were nowhere near the action, it still turned our world upside down for a few weeks. He had been a cop for 10 years when that happened so he just did what cops do and I was left to figure the rest of it out on my own. It was a sobering experience, that's for sure.

I think we (translation: I -- me myself and I) did okay until many years later when the 2 NYC officers were shot and killed in their cruiser while eating lunch. That event changed me and I rode him like a dying horse until he finally just gave up and retired with 28 years in. I'm not sure what snapped in me after all that time because I am not usually a fear-driven person but I spent the whole 18 months it took me to get him to turn his paperwork in absolutely terrified I was gonna get a phone call he'd been shot in the head sitting at an interaction or some such other equally ridiculous scenario.

No matter how much we fuss at you guys we still worry when you're doing what you do when you aren't where we can keep an eye on ya! 😉😁👍
I still work for a department but haven't had an active commission for a couple years. My wife's always been confident with me as far as officer safety. My wife started getting hesitant over the corrupt DAs and media charging and smearing officers for blatantly justified actions over the summer and going after their families too. Once the election happened she put her foot down and forbid me from going back. Nowhere is safe now. Even in the most sane county there's nothing stopping them from bringing a Federal prosecutor to hang you and they won't just stop there but come for her and the kids. It's one thing if I get in trouble for something I didn't do, it's another if she also gets fired and stripped of everything she has in addition to losing me and has to raise our kids alone in poverty living as pariahs waiting for someone to try to kill them.

I feel worse for families these days than officers by far.

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
7,740 Posts
I still work for a department but haven't had an active commission for a couple years. My wife's always been confident with me as far as officer safety. My wife started getting hesitant over the corrupt DAs and media charging and smearing officers for blatantly justified actions over the summer and going after their families too. Once the election happened she put her foot down and forbid me from going back. Nowhere is safe now. Even in the most sane county there's nothing stopping them from bringing a Federal prosecutor to hang you and they won't just stop there but come for her and the kids. It's one thing if I get in trouble for something I didn't do, it's another if she also gets fired and stripped of everything she has in addition to losing me and has to raise our kids alone in poverty living as pariahs waiting for someone to try to kill them.

I feel worse for families these days than officers by far.
EXACTLY. He has actually gone back to work for the department -- just without the uniform and the car. Works with the same group of people even. And he's happy as a bug in a rug. And I feel a lot better. It's a win-win for us.

I can't in good conscience encourage ANYONE to get into law enforcement these days.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I always knew that you could still get Covid19 after being vaccinated. No vaccine is 100%. I lost a family member to Covid last February so I wanted to get vaccinated to improve my chances though.

In my county in New York, we had a fully vaccinated county employee not only get Covid, but die of Covid last week. You still have to be somewhat careful and wear a mask. I read that one of the states is keeping track of this (I think it was Indiana), and out of 1.6 million vaccinated people, 215 have contracted Covid19.

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts
I always knew that you could still get Covid19 after being vaccinated. No vaccine is 100%. I lost a family member to Covid last February so I wanted to get vaccinated to improve my chances though.

In my county in New York, we had a fully vaccinated county employee not only get Covid, but die of Covid last week. You still have to be somewhat careful and wear a mask. I read that one of the states is keeping track of this (I think it was Indiana), and out of 1.6 million vaccinated people, 215 have contracted Covid19.
Watch people say that means it's 99.987% effective... ignoring that only 0.0110294% of those people would have been infected each day given the rate of infection for the general population, or 168.5 of those people. And the vast majority of them have only been vaccinated for a very short period of time. Meaning they haven't even had a chance to be infected let alone for the vaccine to have made a difference.

The data set isn't uniform. You could have them all have gotten their last vaccination 2 weeks ago and all been infected, in which case none of their infections count because it was within 14 days of their last shot. Or you could have people 3 weeks out from their last shot. 1 week of exposures. Or people from December with 4 months of exposures. And then we've got to rule out all the people who had natural infections before, during, or within 14 days of their vaccinations. What we found was that we wasted craploads of doses on people who either already had COVID, had COVID when they got their shot, or got it between their first shot and the eligible counting period.

And then even when there was a suspected post-vaccination infection no one wanted to test either dismissing at as a possibility because of the vaccine, or being worried it would discourage people from getting the vaccine to report it, and as we all know vaccinating EVERYONE is an inherent moral good that is above truth or reason.

It's extremely easy to mislead people with statistics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's because it's not a vaccine, it's a mRNA gene therapy. It does absolutely nothing to prevent you from catching or spreading COVID. On paper, in theory, the idea, is that it will help you fight it off much easier and with fewer symptoms once you get it and it does seem to be doing that with some measure of success.

But that's no excuse to lie to us about a treatment that could not in any way have been tested for long term effects. They're mass-implementing an experimental treatment that modifies genetic code, and calling it a vaccine. I bet there's going to be some big class-action lawsuits in 5-15 years.
My understanding is these companies negotiated to not be held responsible and cannot be sued. I haven’t fact checked that fact but there’s a lot of static about it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My understanding is these companies negotiated to not be held responsible and cannot be sued. I haven’t fact checked that fact but there’s a lot of static about it.
From what I've read, and I'm sure there's a lot that's been kept secret, there's no way anyone is going to get damages by winning a lawsuit. Big Pharma's ass is covered so well Harvey Weistein couldn't even get a feel.

·
Chef,cook & bottle washer
305 Posts
More anecdotal “evidence” lol...friend I went to high school with got his 1st moderna shot last Thursday(8 days ago)...stayed neg(tested 2 times) thru his wife, and both kids (1 hs age, 1 college age from memory) getting it in Jan/feb...wednsday (2 days ago) started feeling sick, got tested that night and got his positive call today...lol...he said” dang it, immune thru all that and then now I get it, you can’t make this stuff up”.

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts
More anecdotal “evidence” lol...friend I went to high school with got his 1st moderna shot last Thursday(8 days ago)...stayed neg(tested 2 times) thru his wife, and both kids (1 hs age, 1 college age from memory) getting it in Jan/feb...wednsday (2 days ago) started feeling sick, got tested that night and got his positive call today...lol...he said” dang it, immune thru all that and then now I get it, you can’t make this stuff up”.
This was rampant during healthcare vaccinations in our hospital. We actually saw a spike in staff infections immediately after the shots were started. We know the antibodies suppress interferon production. It's very possible that these people had elevated innate immune levels and response to the virus due to previous and current exposures. The antibodies then suppressed this natural resistance creating a vulnerable period between when the shot was given and sufficient antibody levels were built that could resist infection instead.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts

"Children with MIS-C had significantly higher levels of antiviral antibodies – more than 10 times higher -- compared to children with milder symptoms of COVID-19, the research team found. "

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts

"Children with MIS-C had significantly higher levels of antiviral antibodies – more than 10 times higher -- compared to children with milder symptoms of COVID-19, the research team found. "
And the connection between these vaccine reactions and MIS just clicked for me. Thanks. Probably a good bit of organ damage we're not seeing.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
="AlphaSierraCharlie, post: 20809923, member: 144142. They're mass-implementing an experimental treatment that modifies genetic code, and calling it a vaccine. I bet there's going to be some big class-action lawsuits in 5-15 years.
COVID-19 vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way. Period. Anyone who says this is full of it and anything else they post should suspect as well.

·
Grevcon 10
13,727 Posts
Heard this morning on a radio news show one doctor saying that despite vaccinations, there will always be Covid as it evolves and mutates. That's comforting to know.
It's not so much mutations as infections have been spread such that there will always be a large enough supply of hosts at any given time that it will never burn out. By the time this group is immune that group will be ready to get infected. By the time that group is immune this group will be ready to get infected again.

And it's likely got enough animal hosts now that even if we did a full quarantine and eradicated it it would pop back up ebola style after someone catches it from some form of wildlife.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
6 months now... you have to wait month by month as the phase three participants get farther and farther from their initial doses.
Just curious, why do you suspect vaccinated people have a better immune response than those who were infected with the actual virus? Most of the people who I treated for the rona don't have antibodies @ 6 months.

This coming winter is going to be something special when all those who think they are safe because in the sprin of 2021 they got their rona shots, find out those pesky antibodies dissapeared. .

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just curious, why do you suspect vaccinated people have a better immune response than those who were infected with the actual virus? Most of the people who I treated for the rona don't have antibodies @ 6 months.

This coming winter is going to be something special when all those who think they are safe because in the sprin of 2021 they got their rona shots, find out those pesky antibodies dissapeared. .
Not suggesting they do or dont. The data says they will still have immunity ( not perfect, of course) after 6 months. So going into winter ( which by definition is 6 months after spring), they should still have immunity.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts