Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL ok I just had to work it in the title. Has anyone considered making a still at thier BOL? IN SHTF TIMES ONLY (LOL) as its probably illegal in most areas. But I guess I was giving it some thought. (I live in Iowa ... corn is NOT a problem) and I'm sure you can make it with other readily available things. Not only stills but wine making or beer? (i figure beer would be tough due to the ingrediants needed)

A. Barter use
B. Personal use
C. Fuel use (still only)

It just happened to cross my mind .... and wondered if anyone out there had thought of the same thing. :confused:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Setting yourself up to make wine and/or beer, or mead isn't illegal here in TX and I wouldn't imagine it is over much of the US.

Setting up a microbrewery and a winery isn't a bad idea. In a seriously long term post SHTF scenario drinking alcohol is going to be at a premium and good beer/wine/mead/whiskey/brandy/etc. will be at an even higher premium. It's not a bad plan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had thought about building a still to use for fuel if needed. However, If I need to bug out, I already have more than I can transport easily. I have been considering buying a small enclosed trailer that I can use for additional space.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't think I would want anything that would draw attention to my BOL. A still isn't all that easy to hide and requires a good bit of fuel I might need for heat.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,823 Posts
Nope... Not that it's a bad idea.

Definitely I'd make wine at least.

I have in the past and it came out great, meaning strong as heck and practically undrinkable. :)

·
Crazy old man
1,286 Posts
The best idea is to check your states laws on how much you can legally make.( beer and wine that is.):thumb:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
A friend of mine used to run old wine thru a Durastill,the ones that are used for making pure water.Stuff that came out was knarly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts