Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbors idiot wild mustang bent about ten of my steel tee post. I've pulled them out of the ground. Anybody got any good ideas on how to straighten them easily?

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could heat them w/ a torch or fire until glowing then bend and cool w/ water.

You could Vice them then slip a pipe over the end down to the bend and straighten it.

Two people w/ two pipes, one over each end down to the bend and straighten accordingly.
I do have a torch with the rosebud tip but I worried about messing up the temper. I think I may try the pipe thing. It sounds like it would work. Thanks for the advice. I wish I had an arbor press.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Be Careful bending the tee posts. They are pretty hard and can shatter. When they break they send metal flying. Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try to straighten them or better yet use the bent ones for tomato stakes and buy some new posts. They are only a couple dollars a piece.

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
We had a goat buck bend some of ours , we didn't even take them out of the ground we just bent them back while they were still buried. Ours are about 18 inches in I guess that helped balance out the weight straightning it out. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be Careful bending the tee posts. They are pretty hard and can shatter. When they break they send metal flying. Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try to straighten them or better yet use the bent ones for tomato stakes and buy some new posts. They are only a couple dollars a piece.
Thanks for the tip. I'll wear the safety glasses.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had a goat buck bend some of ours , we didn't even take them out of the ground we just bent them back while they were still buried. Ours are about 18 inches in I guess that helped balance out the weight straightning it out. Good luck with whatever you choose.
I needed to move mine to a new location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts