Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing ads for the stealth Angel survival kit, and was wondering if anyone had gotten it, and if it's a good deal moneywise to get.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
First impression is that its something you would see for sale on late night TV between an ad for Flex Seal and The Atomic flashlight.

·
Super Moderator
3,192 Posts
I think Aerindel said it perfectly, belongs on a late night infomercial. Cheap Chinesium for 20 bucks and all my personal information that they can sell, no thank you.

Recommendation; if you want a kit, build your own. The premade one size fits none kits are usually stocked with cheap made everything and usually don't have what you would actually use.

There are plenty of threads here about various types of kits and you can personalize to your own needs. Use the search function for any of the following:

GHB - Get Home Bag (some keep this at their place of work or in the car)
72hr bag - usually a bit bigger, like the name suggests, designed to sustain you for 3days. I keep this in my car.
Bug-Out Bag - forced from home for whatever reason but not abandoning the home.
INCH - I'm Never Coming Home. Leaving and not ever coming back so take everything near and dear.

·
In Memory
10,935 Posts
You want well proven dependable survival items in you SURVIVAL kit.
NOT some "as seen on TV" crap.
You build Functional survival kits to suit the environment you have to survive in.
If OTHERWISE.... you are setting yourself up for FAILURE.

The prerequisites for survival are:

Shelter
Fire
Water
Food.

Your kit should contain items to aid in providing those things

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,523 Posts
I KEEP getting spam emails from a guy who says I WON a free survival kit and if I pay the shipping of 7 bucks and change it will ALL BE MINE...

I looked at the contents and you could get everything for about $4 at wallyworld.

·
I LOVE THIS PLACE
374 Posts
Yep 10 lumen ultrabright Keychain light No Thank You and two bottle openers looks like there's gonna be a lot of Beer drinking after SHTF.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,782 Posts
Decide what you need then build your own.

Ask yourself this: what kind of EDC kit doesn't include a knife? If i were building an EDC from scratch, a knife would be the first item.

Those kinds of kits are specifically designed by people who are expert at separating fools from their money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts