Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I read about, downloaded and installed "Tor" that was on the list of proxy tools. Seems pretty cool, although the connectivity is a little slow with all the bounces from the various server sites and this site, oddly enough, DEFINITELY doesn't like the app since it looks like traffic coming from outside the US typically. Anyway, nice link. Thanks for posting!

Mo-Go

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just a warning a proxy does not hide your ass.

Proxy's with exception of elite proxy's still send the http header to the receiving server containing the IP address of the person asking the information.

In the case of elite proxy's there are records kept on the proxy server about what IP's are requesting what connections.

There are better methods to hide your ass however when it comes down to it there is no legal method to hide your identity so that big brother can not watch you as your ISP logs all your activities.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The easiest way to be hidden on the net is to not look at dumb crap or say stupid **** .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree 100%
Wait I just thought of one.

Get yourself a brand new laptop or computer but make sure the network card is not registered anywhere. Use that computer then to connect to a wireless network, a public network that is not your own.

Just remember that you can never use that network card to make a connection tot he internet that can be tracked as your card could then be identified.

All they will be able to do then is pin point the location where the connection was established.

·
-.-. --.-
2,323 Posts
DO NOT USE TOR OR OTHER PUBLIC PROXY SERVICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People sign up to be nodes and stick crypto aware sniffers on their computers, then they can sniff ALL PASSWORDS AND INFORMATION.

Make your own proxy chain.. DO NOT EVER USE PUBLIC STUFF FOR PRIVATE MATTERS!!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Our entire city has free wireless Internet with no registration. Just connect and go.

Like someone else said the only reason you would need to keep your IP address hidden is if your doing something illegal. Who cares if a web site has your ip, shut down your modem for 10 minutes and you will get a new ip anyway.

You should be more concerned with Trojans. And viruses.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
There are better methods to hide your ass however when it comes down to it there is no legal method to hide your identity so that big brother can not watch you as your ISP logs all your activities.
This is a big myth. Possible? Absolutely, but most ISP's don't log all your websites. They log how much traffic went up and down your circuit in terms of size, they could care less what sites you are on.

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
This can't be true. I saw on TV where they can find you in less than an hour. I guess because the show only lasted that long.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
This can't be true. I saw on TV where they can find you in less than an hour. I guess because the show only lasted that long.
Your confusing what I said.

Finding you through an IP is easy. I do this at work. It's easy. Finding all sites you ever logged into, a bit much. We log the amount of data, not the data itself.

Notice, when cops are investigating a crime, they always check your sites via cached information on your HDD, not through your ISP.

·
-.-. --.-
2,323 Posts
Your confusing what I said.

Finding you through an IP is easy. I do this at work. It's easy. Finding all sites you ever logged into, a bit much. We log the amount of data, not the data itself.

Notice, when cops are investigating a crime, they always check your sites via cached information on your HDD, not through your ISP.
That is why I use FDE with two keys... last I checked, passwords are protected under the fifth amendment.

The best disguise is hacked wifi and false credentials. The cannot track you if they don't know where to start looking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
DO NOT USE TOR OR OTHER PUBLIC PROXY SERVICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People sign up to be nodes and stick crypto aware sniffers on their computers, then they can sniff ALL PASSWORDS AND INFORMATION.

Make your own proxy chain.. DO NOT EVER USE PUBLIC STUFF FOR PRIVATE MATTERS!!!!!!
I'll second this, simply because I run a exit node that I sniff. If you use TOR, I might have some header info of your traffic lying aroung :)

That is why I use FDE with two keys... last I checked, passwords are protected under the fifth amendment.

The best disguise is hacked wifi and false credentials. The cannot track you if they don't know where to start looking.
Yes, in the US they are protected. They simply keep you in jail until you give them up.

Two keys? You aren't using LUKS/dm-crypt I hope.....

step 1) remove HDD from computer
step 2) smash HDD with hammer
step 3) use cutting torch to melt HDD
step 4) use only a bootable live CD for your nefarious activities
step 5) never use the same open WiFi more than once, and never with the same mac address (use macchanger)

Always use a random public proxy, but one that supports https. You'll want to proxy everything via https so that the local node has nothing but encrypted content (hey, some of us will set up an open proxy in a Starbucks just to grab info that people are dumb enough to type in).

Just a warning a proxy does not hide your ass.

Proxy's with exception of elite proxy's still send the http header to the receiving server containing the IP address of the person asking the information.

In the case of elite proxy's there are records kept on the proxy server about what IP's are requesting what connections.

Man, if I keep having to edit this one post I'll be here all night :)

There are plenty of ways to hide your traffic. I'd start by suggesting a openVPN service outside the country. Just be sure to check your routing tables to be sure that the default route is through your new vpn connection. Sure, your ISP will know that you only connect to a single IP address in another country, and sure, they will notice that all your data is TLS or SSL encrypted. But they won't have your DNS records, your connection records, your DHCP requests, your broadcast traffic, etc. They will only know that address A sent address B some amount of encrypted data as a UDP payload.

·
-.-. --.-
2,323 Posts
step 5) never use the same open WiFi more than once, and never with the same mac address (use macchanger)
Thermite is so much easier and faster.. for hard drive destruction. Using a VM inside its own encrypted partition will also work just as well as a bootable CD, when you're done just 'wipe' the encrypted space over with random poo-poo and repeat when you need something else done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll second this, simply because I run a exit node that I sniff. If you use TOR, I might have some header info of your traffic lying aroung :)

Yes, in the US they are protected. They simply keep you in jail until you give them up.

Two keys? You aren't using LUKS/dm-crypt I hope.....

Always use a random public proxy, but one that supports https. You'll want to proxy everything via https so that the local node has nothing but encrypted content (hey, some of us will set up an open proxy in a Starbucks just to grab info that people are dumb enough to type in).

Man, if I keep having to edit this one post I'll be here all night :)

There are plenty of ways to hide your traffic. I'd start by suggesting a openVPN service outside the country. Just be sure to check your routing tables to be sure that the default route is through your new vpn connection. Sure, your ISP will know that you only connect to a single IP address in another country, and sure, they will notice that all your data is TLS or SSL encrypted. But they won't have your DNS records, your connection records, your DHCP requests, your broadcast traffic, etc. They will only know that address A sent address B some amount of encrypted data as a UDP payload.
openVPN is probably the best route aside from jumping on wireless networks. at this point in time however if you haven't been "hiding" online, "they" probably have enough data on you to find you lol.

i do however mask my activity from time to time depending on what sites I'm visiting or what search times I'm using.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts