Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still under a bit of a diesel shortage, and it's 20 cents a litre over the cost of gas right now.

Went shopping last night. Soda pop variety and stock was low, not that I buy it. About 10% of the bulk food bins were empty, including some kinds of rice and raisins. Didn't notice much else out of stock, although most meat products were low stock.

Not sure wether this is because of trucks not making it because they have no fuel, or if it is the credit crunch, sure isn't becaue of a snow storm ..... yet anyway.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I havent noticed anything like that in the grocery stores I visit on a regular basis (Superstore, Safeway, and Co-op). I have noticed though, that the Superstore doesnt have the overflowing supplies it once used to but the choices are still there. I tend to find that the supplies on shelves really depends on the time you visit and whether or not a shipment has come in.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep my eyes open for a decline in stock.

And yes to the price of diesel, it is expensive. Petrol isnt going down too much either anymore.....

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well out of the 8 months I've been shopping at that superstore, I've never seen more than one of the bulk item bins empty. Between me and girlfriend shopping on different days for different things, we are there are last once a week each. I'm not saying cause for alarm, I'm just saying that this was different for me. Price on something I buy goes up every time I go there....:(

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes, prices do seem to creep up daily. Its frustrating.

Actually now that I think about it, the some of the bulk bins at my superstore have been low or empty every time I have gone (mostly the dried peas, trail mixed, nuts, raisins, etc.). Hmmm, I'll have to keep an eye out next time they're filled so I can stock up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's more of a cycle here. I have seen stocks low then after a couple of weeks they creep back up. prices are up. fresh meats are always low in stock. i believe that to be a lack of purchase due to price.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We've seen Diesel shortages here in Manitoba too. With a few places putting signs out saying "Diesel temporarily available" but that was a few weeks ago. Everything's almost back to normal now despite Diesel being more expensive than gasoline (still scratching my head about that one).
And no shortages of foods at any of the stores here in town. In fact the local Asian grocery has 50lb bags of rice on sale!

·
High on a mountain top
435 Posts
Food supplies are fine here in very far western Canada... I've been to just about all the local stores looking for good deals in the past week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts