Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
27,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Nevada, if you hold a current resident CCW you don't have to complete a background check. Still have to fill out your paper work though.

Lets here from any other states sound off if your state allows this.

Lets not go over board with form 4 items and NFA items.

Wes

·
5--4--3--2--1
516 Posts
Here in Iowa, if you hold a current resident CCW you don't have to complete a background check. Still have to fill out your paper work though.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
Still gotta fill out paperwork, just not do background checks.

Reactions: 3cclark

·
off the griddle
428 Posts
Yep, governments are good at offering perks for submitting to their rules. Register with us and we'll let you carry a firearm concealed. Narc out your friends and and we won't raid your home. Let us put this nice chip in your body and we'll give you food, water and credit!

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Florida is the same, but as DanLC so well put it, once you submit and register and fingerprint and put on the collar of the CWL, you don't need to do a BG check, you're already under their microscope. Matter of fact, if you get into a domestic problem, they pull your license. Let your car insurance lapse? Pulled. If you get into ANY king of trouble, pulled. Enough is enough.

·
Bear Fighter
1,614 Posts
in Idaho, no background check with permit, but still fill out form 4473

side note . . . last time I did it, I think I read on question 11.e., where it formerly said:
are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, etc, etc

I think it said:
are you a user of, or addicted to, marijuana, etc, etc

since I live close to the border with a state that legalized a certain amount of recreational use, I wonder if they changed that slightly to catch those who like to spark up the spliff . . .

I will have to read it closer the next time to see if they actually made the change.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I believe Michigan is the same but I don't recall. I'll have to look it up again. All handguns have to be registered though, whether it's a private sale or though an FFL.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
in Idaho, no background check with permit, but still fill out form 4473

side note . . . last time I did it, I think I read on question 11.e., where it formerly said:
are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, etc, etc

I think it said:
are you a user of, or addicted to, marijuana, etc, etc

since I live close to the border with a state that legalized a certain amount of recreational use, I wonder if they changed that slightly to catch those who like to spark up the spliff . . .

I will have to read it closer the next time to see if they actually made the change.
Still says "unlawful". Marijuana is still federally unlawful, and it's a federal form, so if you use it, at least without a prescription (not sure about that status federally), you're doing so unlawfully as far as intent of the question.

- OS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is Mississippi

Yes in MS if you have ccw no background check. I got mine because every time i would go to get a gun it would take a week for me to get approval but i found out if i got my CCW i could get it right then....Sweet. Also i was reading Lights out and the gun shop would not sell guns to know one when the power was out but if you had the CCW you could get a gun so that's when i went and got mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Utah if you have your permit, you fill out paperwork and the store will still call BCI to make sure your CCW is valid. Not an actual background check.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts