Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
one shot 2 kills :P
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week in my history class here at my high school we were studying the middle ages and on friday our teacher gave us a project which was to build a mideval castle, seige weapon, knights weapon ect. anyway i decided i would build a a sling since i have one and use it a lot. however the problem was that i couldn't find any information on slings during that period, short of in the middle east. but what i did find was a lot on the staff sling being used on ships before cannons so i asked him if i could build one and he said " sure i've never seen one it could be interesting" so i went home and built one. problem was in all my research i couldent find any plans to build one so i just rigged one together with a peace of soft maple some twine and a scrap peace of leather. and of coarse i had to test it and on my first throw i threw a rock 100 yards! which was really cool. anyway today in class we had to present our project and when i was up there i gave all the history on it and that kinda stuff and then he asked me to demonstrate for the class. I kindly asked him if he wanted me to put out a light and he said no but you wont if you use that blackboard eraser. i again kindly refused to use it in class however he said no go ahead. so i reluctenly loaded the eraser into the sling and mearly flicked it at the door. and being that it works because it is a compund lever it accelerated the eraser A LOT it hit one of my freinds models which just happened to be a sheet metal sheild i helped him make in shop class anyway it make a really load crack dusted up the hole room and being that its first hour and everyone was trying to fall asleep they all jumped out of their skin and then cracked up laughing because i had tried to tell him but he didn't belive my 100 yard shot with a rock, i guess he thought it was a toy or something:D:! anyway thought you guys would like a new weapon to make and a funny story as well. good luck and have fun makeing them if you have questions on their design just ask me here i will explain how i made it in more detail

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
I must admit I have always loved medieval siege engines. I have plans/pics for: trebuchets, mangonels, ballista, crossbows etc. I have already posted some x-bow plans in the survival files. Yell out if you want others.

·
one shot 2 kills :P
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit I have always loved medieval siege engines. I have plans/pics for: trebuchets, mangonels, ballista, crossbows etc. I have already posted some x-bow plans in the survival files. Yell out if you want others.
i dont think ill need any more for class but those could be some neat projects for after deer seasons over;)... i may just need some herne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts