Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.

"The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday

Link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460725,00.html

Finally an elected official with some common sense...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Of course the police do not support citizens armed themselves. It would be that much harder to take away the guns then...

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
The police do not prevent crime. They respond to crime scenes.

Ever hear about the guy who called the police to report two burgulers in his back yard. The dispatcher said a car would respond in thirty minutes. He said take your time, I just shot them. Three minutes a car showed up and asked where the dead burgulers were. He said they heard the siren and ran off. They said you lied when you shot them, he said you lied when you said you would respond in thirty minutes.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
the police dont give a darn when it comes to people!
That's not true at all. I know and work with several dedicated officers and retired officers. The police are underfunded from one ocean to the other. The days of having enough patrols to keep crime at bay are over by 20 years.

There just isn't enough money to fund the type of LE that we need, and the gap grows larger every day. And the criminals get braver the more days they don't see patrols. Your elected officials did this, not LE.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The police do not prevent crime. They respond to crime scenes.

Ever hear about the guy who called the police to report two burgulers in his back yard. The dispatcher said a car would respond in thirty minutes. He said take your time, I just shot them. Three minutes a car showed up and asked where the dead burgulers were. He said they heard the siren and ran off. They said you lied when you shot them, he said you lied when you said you would respond in thirty minutes.
LOL, now I know what to do the next time i have to call 911, LOL

Did they try to charge the guy with anything?

·
Registered
645 Posts
That's not true at all. I know and work with several dedicated officers and retired officers. The police are underfunded from one ocean to the other. The days of having enough patrols to keep crime at bay are over by 20 years.

There just isn't enough money to fund the type of LE that we need, and the gap grows larger every day. And the criminals get braver the more days they don't see patrols. Your elected officials did this, not LE.
That's what we need.... more police. How about three for every one regular citizen.

Or, an armed populous, willing to take care of themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts