Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i scraped off the salt left on the squirrel skin and got off the dried up fat, well most of it. So i washed it off with soap and water just go get any major germs off and some of the smell which is like impossible to get rid of, its pretty much a wet dog smell, i just put some axe body spray on it cus i got tired of smelling it the whole time. well here are the pictures of what i made with it, took me about an hour to sew it all up. The things i put on the pouch were a belt loop and a button to keep it closed
the button might come off eventually because it looks like its tearing the hyde, i can fix it though, just resew
check these pictures out

Attachments

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
today i scraped off the salt left on the squirrel skin and got off the dried up fat, well most of it. So i washed it off with soap and water just go get any major germs off and some of the smell which is like impossible to get rid of, its pretty much a wet dog smell, i just put some axe body spray on it cus i got tired of smelling it the whole time. well here are the pictures of what i made with it, took me about an hour to sew it all up. The things i put on the pouch were a belt loop and a button to keep it closed
the button might come off eventually because it looks like its tearing the hyde, i can fix it though, just resew
check these pictures out
sew a small leather patch on the back of the pelt were the button goes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, and yes i do think i will
i have many more ideas and im sure i can think of other things but ive been avoiding shooting any lately because it sucks cleaning them due to the skin is a pain to cut off

·
I Love Guns
317 Posts
great post...i'v bin working with hides for years ...glad to see you are working with hides ..it is a lost art ...when i get a deer this year...i will post some pics of the hies and what i will make with them also...might do a Youtube vid on prepping the hide...dunno yet

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it is a lost art, i notice people just dont take the time to save the hides of their kills, i dunno if i would be good with a deer hide but its worth i try if i get one this year, i tried this morning and thought i heard some but nothing, tomorow im going to the stand earlier

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Some videos and tutorials would be great. Damn I wish I lived on a farm. Looks like I need to go out and get some more books.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts