Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
100% Full Battle Rattle
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into some radios lately and didnt find much. I prefer military stuff, but that is hard to pull off with electronics. I basically want a step up from the basic few mile 2 ways like cobra and motorola. I am interested in HAM, but it is not a good time in my life to try to go that way. I would prefer they have a decent range on them, but dont need anything amazing. A few miles is alright. Also, CBs are much to crowded for my needs.

·
100% Full Battle Rattle
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a huge selection there, but the prices arent to bad on the few two way radios they have. Still looking around, but I will keep them in mind.

Anyone else have any places to look? I have poured over the net for a few hours in search of anything worthwhile for a good price. :(

·
100% Full Battle Rattle
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.schoutenenterprises.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37495

what about these? I was thinking of getting these with some mic headsets. I dunno if it has VOX or whatever though. Everything else seems legit, you can run silent so it turns off the roger beep.

There are also ALOT of nice ones on here. http://www.fm2way.com/gmrs.htm
Anyone make a recommendation? The cheaper ones seem alright for sure. I like these ones:

GXT775vp3 Camo Radios with 30 mile range!
GXT710vp3 Black and Silver Radios with 26 mile range!
GXT700 up to 26 mile range!
LXT440 20 mile range!

The really cheap ones seem pretty nice. I was thinking maybe the cheapest one with a charger?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Military stuff = motorollas at the squad level. In my platoon for iraq, the company just bought them. 3 per squad (sl + 2 tl) + plt sgt/pl/rto

They used those a ton. The army stuff was only for communication with at the company+ level and to call in support.

As far as I know, the motorollas were pretty good. The addon headphones that were not full on headsets sucked donkeyballs though. They broke way too easily. Only the full headset type were good, and no one in our platoon had them. Only other platoons (they had to buy that with their own money).

I'd just wait for a closeout from one of the police or "tactical" gear shops and get a bunch of rechargeables + solardeal for them.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I'd like to get a single radio sometime so I can listen in and intercept communications, and join onto a channel if need be. Those midlands look nice and cheap but I have a feeling they won't exactly last up, but then again I'm not looking for "operator" standards.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have real good luck with the Midland model GXT710 Gmrs radios,range is good,and can take some rough treatment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.