Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about living with punk kids and drug addicts, but do you guys have any good infos/tips/experiences on how to squat some places without TOO MUCH problems. How can you live on the long therm at some place without getting too much attention. I'm not talking about the short therm, if that is possible.

I was thinking that maybe if squatting in a too much urban area is too dangerous maybe I should do somekind of wild squatting like sort a camp out of debris somewhere near a city.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
squatting is pretty easy if you don't mind some of the comforts of home. i really like an abandoned factory. there were other squatters in the same factory but they didn't go higher then the third story. its all about stealth and blending in with your area. what i recomend is do charity work so you can see where the homeless live. rent a homeless guide and tell him your doing a story for a local paper. how do you rent a homeless guide promise money our beer/wine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i thought about squating too a friend squated for years on land in arkansas the last i heard was if you could prove you lived there 7 years it was yours don't know if this still
applies but hope to hear more on subject

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's the rub in doing that, and all I can comment on is trespassing and poaching on my property. Mostly durning deer season, I pull-up to my gate, get the rifle loaded, get out the cell phone and look the place over with field glasses. I vary my days and times just to better keep an eye on the place. I do not take kindly to people who do this!
Just a thought on the subject.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Don't take people you know to your spot and keep a low profile. Even if the electric on don't use it. Oh and keep your gear on you when you leave for the day or whatever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's the rub in doing that, and all I can comment on is trespassing and poaching on my property. Mostly durning deer season, I pull-up to my gate, get the rifle loaded, get out the cell phone and look the place over with field glasses. I vary my days and times just to better keep an eye on the place. I do not take kindly to people who do this!
Just a thought on the subject.

Well if you see me, just kill me, what do you want me to say to this? If I end up in that situation, do you think I would care about legal issues?!? Hell no, if you shoot, I guess you would put me out of misery, getting to the point of poaching your squirrels. Well I guess they are worthy, if you are ready to shoot. Hehehe, always nice to meet lovely / helpful person. I know you are not alone like this. Thank you for reminding about people like you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would think that if you owned something of value and didn't use it on a regular basis, you would perhaps be a little less than pleased to find someone else using it or claiming it as theirs. To many people seem to think there is some kind of entitlement thing going on. People generally work for what they have and pay for it. What right do you have to use it as your own?

If I come home and find you camping out and sheeting in my back yard, yeah, we're going to have a damn problem. This is why there are rescue centers and the like if you're that bad off. I mean hell, I'm working hard every day to make ends meet, working to help support my kids in this economy and get them through until they can find work. I'm supporting more than my share with out you wanting to take a little more.

You were offered all kinds of suggestions from the other fine folks here on how to get by and make a living. So you went from how to get a job to how to squat? Sorry, never been that bad off I couldn't or wouldn't work that I had to resort to squatting. Lived in a single room, shared rooms, lived in a van.

Not berating you just trying to understand your reasoning.:xeye:

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Well if you see me, just kill me, what do you want me to say to this? If I end up in that situation, do you think I would care about legal issues?!? Hell no, if you shoot, I guess you would put me out of misery, getting to the point of poaching your squirrels. Well I guess they are worthy, if you are ready to shoot. Hehehe, always nice to meet lovely / helpful person. I know you are not alone like this. Thank you for reminding about people like you.

People like him and me pay for our property and the use of it-you don't pay for it therefor you don't get ot use it. I pay for my food too, if you take it does that mean that I am just supose to lay down and take it? I have a very clear stance on this what is mine is mine and only if you ask and I give you permission should you even attempt to come on it. You treaspass on my property yeah your hitting the dirt!

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
lowell glenthorne just remember that goes both ways. if some ones squating on your land and thinks your a rival squatter whats to say he doesn't shoot you as your looking at his little camp with your field glasses. the good guys don't always win nor do the guys on the right side of the law. i'm not try'n to be a prick. but just cause you say your gonna shoot them. don't think thats the end all be all to it all.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I have to evict people all the time from my land.

i thought about squating too a friend squated for years on land in arkansas the last i heard was if you could prove you lived there 7 years it was yours don't know if this still
applies but hope to hear more on subject
I have land in NW Arkansas. At least once a year I have to evict someone squating on my land. It is a very dangerous practice especially in areas as rural as that. SOme folks around there won't just evict you. they may shoot you. It costs me a ton of money each time we have to get someone off the land they have "Bought". I have paid for my land. If we are going to advocate stealing property then it saddens me beyond belief.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am not thinking he ment as a day to day thing or maybe I missed it. I was under the impresion he was talking about after the world ends squatting. If not. and indeed you are talking about tring to get someone elses **** for fre. then I got three words for you. Get a job. We all do. And if you think it is cool to go out and steal not only food but game and even whole properties then I got three more words for you. Say your prayers!

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Hehehe, always nice to meet lovely / helpful person. I know you are not alone like this. Thank you for reminding about people like you.
And thank you for reminding us that there are still aholes in the world who think the we owe them something for nothing.
You are advocating theft.
People like you need a leash.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
We have a squater who lives on the hiway about 4 out of town .During a flood.
The real pisser is he got Coast Guard evacuation and FEMA money for property damage on property he had no right to be on.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts