Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
What an ass.

Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"

Colossians 3:19, "Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."

A man's wife is far more than a possession or "merchandise." She's his partner and best friend.

Reactions: Mama Bear

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
... I dunno- if the translation is correct- it seems to just be talking more about BDSM than it does any real *beating*... I mean- it says no bruising, bleeding or broken bones- no hitting the face or other sensitive areas- and if he *hurts* her, he is to be held accountable... I'd think that an abusive beating would hurt- don't you? Don't get me wrong- I think this is creepy and most would take it to mean spousal abuse- which it is- but the way it's worded- with the no hurting etc. just makes me think more 'BDSM' than an actual "how to beat your wife" guide. (But that's coming from a woman who would decapitate the lower head of any male who attempted it if I weren't in that sort of mood :upsidedown: )

·
Registered
215 Posts
... I dunno- if the translation is correct- it seems to just be talking more about BDSM than it does any real *beating*... I mean- it says no bruising, bleeding or broken bones- no hitting the face or other sensitive areas- and if he *hurts* her, he is to be held accountable... I'd think that an abusive beating would hurt- don't you? Don't get me wrong- I think this is creepy and most would take it to mean spousal abuse- which it is- but the way it's worded- with the no hurting etc. just makes me think more 'BDSM' than an actual "how to beat your wife" guide. (But that's coming from a woman who would decapitate the lower head of any male who attempted it if I weren't in that sort of mood :upsidedown: )
You're joking, right? I missed the sarcasm? :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts