1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks! That's my preferred ammo for my full size 9's. Just bought four boxes. Buy one get one free. I have been loving some targetsports lately. Just a few weeks ago I was looking for some HST in .40S&W and happened on there and found them for a surprise BOGO as well. I thought it was a mistake but it sure enough shipped. Guess I need to check their emails more often.

·
Registered
34,667 Posts
This deal was mentioned on AR15.com I received this email as well which may be a little more clear:

https://mailchi.mp/targetsportsusa/gold-dot-sale-50-percent-off-4189?e=6ca6186a31

Sale ends Feb 1st 2020.
Aha.

pricing different through the link.

Eta WTF! I click "buy now" and the price jumps back up!

Edited again.... Dude at the link it says sale ends Dec 28...

Go t another link?

Getting tired of edits... I Called them. THey screwed up the email.
It IS on. But you can't see the pricing till you put it in your cart.
(I hate that)

Thanks... You cost me money!

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,895 Posts
At least the ammo ranks high on nearly every study of handgun ammunition performance that I've seen...

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have some quality HP for carry, but for those that want to double their inventory over premium ammo. There's a certain quality to having quantity.

Here's some good options.
1000 124 gr. S&B fmj. for $168 https://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-9mm-ammo-9mm124grfmjsb-1000

1000 115 gr S&B hp for $230. https://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-9mm-ammo-9mm115jhpsellierbellot-1000

There's a horrible review on that S&B JHP ammo from 2018:

Jhp batch stinks
Review by JoeW

Out of every 15 fired 3 go pafff, not bang. Failure to eject all sorts of issues. I have been using their fmj ammo for the last 6 months not a single failure. All my guns having problems with jhp czp10, sig p320 sub compact, mp9c even the fn509 whats going on with this batch. Definitely getting to practice malfunction drills.

The lack of newer reviews isn't encouraging...

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For FMJ, I buy whatever is brass, factory not-reman, and on sale. Recently picked up 2k of 115gr PMC. Target Sports had it for $169.80 per case shipped.

With that Bulk Ammo website - you need to add $20 for shipping on a case.

SG Ammo was my go to website for ammo. However, Target Sports is beating them out with low prices and free shipping on cases.

This is currently tempting me:
Federal Law Enforcement 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain +P+ Jacketed Hollow Point $299.80 shipped.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fed...grain-jacketed-hollow-point-9bple-p-3012.aspx

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,644 Posts
There's a horrible review on that S&B JHP ammo from 2018:

Jhp batch stinks
Review by JoeW

Out of every 15 fired 3 go pafff, not bang. Failure to eject all sorts of issues. I have been using their fmj ammo for the last 6 months not a single failure. All my guns having problems with jhp czp10, sig p320 sub compact, mp9c even the fn509 whats going on with this batch. Definitely getting to practice malfunction drills.

The lack of newer reviews isn't encouraging...
Thanks for drawing my attention to that. It's a data point, and an old one at that. 2 years is a long time. My educated guess is if there was a problem with primers or powder it was a bad batch missed by QC, or perhaps contaminant in the ammo, or maybe the ammo got wet and a bad seal allowed the ammo to be wet, or the primers got oil on them, etc.

I doubt the same issue has persevered now into 2020.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have some quality HP for carry, but for those that want to double their inventory over premium ammo. There's a certain quality to having quantity.

Yep. When Midway ran the GD projectiles on clearance I bought bigly.

There is a quality to being able to practice with the same round you carry for a quarter of the cost of factory loaded ammo. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts