Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a interesting job yesterday working with the army special forces terrorist training.I played sheik mustapha halili,I had a beautiful hostage,2 atomic weapons,a group of heavily armed terrorists and a encampment in the desert.
we went about 30 miles north of vegas and set up four tents for our band of 15,then we waited for 12 special forces people to attack us with paintball guns,seize the atom bombs and release our hostage.
we waited untim 9:30 at night and then our director decided that we would escape by SUV and return to vegas.
about two miles down this dirt road the special forces attacked us from ambush and shot the **** out of us with paintballs,took me prisoner and made me tell them where the other two bombs were(one in australia and the other in london).all in all the whole day was the most fun I've had in a long time

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was in the Special Forces until Dec 05. Sounds like a lot of fun. We did these exercises frequently and they were always a blast. Good to hear that our "civilians on the battlefield" are having fun too.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Move to the area of Camp McCall, NC, and volunteer and have lots of fun.

SF, yes way back when.
5th SFG (ABN)
RVN
66-68
11th SFG (ABN)
76-80

and I still can/do run 3-4 miles 4 to 6 times a week

·
Registered
106 Posts
I participate multiple times a year both with the military as well as an organization that stages various attack scenarios for city first responders..because of my location in regards to Benning there are multiple opportunities.

I wish I could maintain the physical conditioning that I once had but a freak round discharged by some absent minded weekend warrior who apparently could not grasp the basics of firearm safety which then had to find it's way not only to but then ultimately through my ankle.... well, I don't even want to think about running 3-4 miles...

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
There are days I would rather take a bullet up the butt than do it. At my age every joint wants to go back to bed instead of hitting the bricks. Been a little harder past 6 months making the time since I got tired of retirement and went back to work. But the extra checks on top of the is nice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i hear you. i can tell you that i have quite a bit of anger lol towards the dip**** that shot me but i try to visit the VA hospital at least twice a month to simply listen and share stories with our young recouperating soldiers, it really puts things into perspective..i've always known how lucky i was but it reenforces that sentiment...my story usually brings about quite a bit of laughter so if for nothing else than to see some of those guys laughing even if it is at me and not with me...it is worth it.

i've noticed that we have quite a few military and retired military on this site. i would encourage all of you to visit your local VA. Our young soldiers truly enjoy talking with those of us who have experienced combat, I think we can all agree that it is a fraternity that very few if any others can understand or relate to.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ah, so it WAS OPFOR training. excellent. Theres a metric ***TON of contractors out there because of Nellis. I've never heard of a 15 man Alpha before- but what the hey- sounded like a lot of fun. What kind of equipment did you use?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I remember in Boot camp at Fort Ord in 1969. We had an E&E training ( escape & evasion) The first time I escaped and made it back to our company area.
Got cleaned up and went and had a pizza and a few beers.
Got my ass chewed pretty good, was told I was there to be captured.
So got to do it again with another company, got captured, got my ass chew again.
Said I answered all their questions. I asked if they took notes ? Because everything I told them was pure B.S. , like at 19 I held the rank of Lt. Col.
Like George Carlin once said " military intelligence" is one of the greatest oxymoron's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any of you guys remember that poor Cop that wasnt notified of SF doing training in NC few years ago and he saw a pickup with men in the back with m-4s he tried to stop them and they thought he was part of the training so they opened up on him with blanks and he returned fire on them.cant remember if one or more where killed.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Think that was in the Raeford area, remember reading about it was a real SNAFU

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Yes, I remember that, but I believe there was an injury. Funny as hell. I also spent a day or two in the Army, 1953 to 1977. A portion of Ranger training was at Eglin AFB Florida and we were allowed one trip to town, but you had to run, not ride and not walk. The first 5 or 6 miles was not bad but the 10 miles was a killer. Needless to say not many opted to visit the town. I was assigned to the 101st Abn at Ft Campbell when it was reactivated in 1956 from there to the 11th Abn in Germany until it was deactivated, spent the rest of my time as a leg. I had the pleasure to spend two of my three tours in Vietnam with the 101st in Hue Phu Bia. I was very lucky to have been able to bring home a few enemy weapons in 1966, a SKS and a AK47. That was before the stupid 1968 anti automatic weapons law went into effect. The AK47 was lost in Katrina.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.