Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,679 Posts
Worked his ass off at multiple slave wage gigs to pay for his education and theater experience.

Served as a comms officer in the Navy in WW2 until injured during a depth charge accident.

Paid all his dues and earned all his accolades. Yet he was still attributed his success to luck.

Sure, he was a liberal, but he had a very strong work ethic. I don't make a habit of insulting liberals who have work sweat on their back.

He also didn't think his celebrity entitled him to a political voice more valued than anyone else.

I'm happy he got to live a nice long life and see the fruits of his labors appreciated.

RIP

·
Retired *****
18,317 Posts
Kirk Douglas was utterly and completely a man’s man.
Kind of odd...but my favorite role was Cactus Jack in The Villain. Just too much fun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAZK58xmcpE
I've been watching Grit TV since it's one of the OTA channels I get. He starred in plenty of westerns in his time. He did War Wagon with John Wayne.

Kirk Douglas:

“I did four movies with John Wayne. We were a strange combination. He was a Republican and I was a Democrat. We argued all the time.”

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just watched The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. Good, creepy movie. A difficult first role and he did it very well.

Rest in peace, Mr. Douglas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts