Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For some of us here, we NEED our eyewear in order to function, or to function effectively.

Poor vision could prove to be fatal to self and others.

I myself would humbly recommend against bifocals for those of us who will be called upon for group defense functions. I have found out personally how having bifocals [for me at least] can really distort my 'sight picture' when shooting.

It irked me to death, one day in the military; I would have shot "expert" with the M-16 during annual weapons qualifications whilst in the military, if my bifocals did not distort my vision at long range.

Accordingly, I would recommend that one possesses SEPARATE pairs of eyewear, one type which are not bifocal and the other type being reading-type glasses.

I want to have at least five pairs of each on hand.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,628 Posts
It might also be a good idea for those of us who do not wear glasses to consider the future... I have 20/20 vision, my Mom, Dad, brother, and both sisters wear glasses. What do you think the chances of me needing glasses one day are? I have a few pairs of cheap reading glasses from Wal-Mart stocked up for just in case.

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
Needing glasses is a PITA...I went from single vision to Bifocal to Tri focal and am now trying the progressives.

I hang onto my old glasses, not the best solution but they will work in a pinch and are my backups should I break or loose my current pair.

I found with the progressivies it took a while to get use to the narrow near vision field. Though have to admit I have had better luck with the sights using them.

YMMV since it could just be the new prescription.
Peter

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great post. Great reminder.

IMO - the best thing for the nearsighted (and I know that's likely not your issue, Lady) is Lasic surgery. It's definitely on my to-do list. Until then - I'm going to set aside some $$ another pair of spares ASAP (as well as contacts, which I already have extras of).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts