Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an EDC knife. I want something slender for extreme discreet carry-sock carry? A straight razor is thin enough but way too fragile. I want a locking folder. A side clip would be fine, and non-magnetic would be a plus but not required. Oh, dont want to spend $100 either. Any ideas out there?

·
"Survivalist since Birth"
551 Posts
http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=530

The blade is VEEEEEEEEERY VERY sharp. I can not tell you how EXTREMELY SHARP the blade comes. It is meant for light cutting chores/defensive applications. I love this blade...it is so incredibly small I often forget that I am carrying it.

I always not however, when reccomending a knife like such, that if you do intend to use this for defensive purposes TAKE CORRESPONDING MARTIAL ARTS. I "thought" I knew how to fight with a knife if I had to...I 4 years of philipino stick and knife later...man was I wrong.

If self defense is your only purpose-get a gun.

My EDC-Benchy, Leatherman Wave, Bic Lighter, Wallet (and the very second I turn 21- Springfield Xd Compact .45)

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very nice, about what I was looking for, but kinda pricy. Maybe I'll get another sypderco, but non-serrated this time.

·
Here's Johnny!
306 Posts
http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=530

The blade is VEEEEEEEEERY VERY sharp. I can not tell you how EXTREMELY SHARP the blade comes. It is meant for light cutting chores/defensive applications. I love this blade...it is so incredibly small I often forget that I am carrying it.
No kiddin' they're sharp! Wow! I just bought my second Benchmade 3550, after losing, or misplacing my first one. I'm sure I'll find it someday buried in a drawer! Grrr! But they are razor sharp, and Benchmade will sharpen it for you Factory sharp if you send it in with 5 bucks to pay for the shipping.

The first 3550 I paid $200 for, the second one I found a website that was selling it for $120 ... And it is, by far the best knife that I have carried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts