Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!

Believe it or not, but I did a QUICKY INVENTORY yesterday, and I have MORE vegies then SPAM!

I'll fix this the next paycheck!

Green Eggs And Spam!:D:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Speaking of Spam, there was a telling article of the company who manufactures the product. It goes on to talk about workers who contracted a neurological disease from working the brain blasting part of the process and being exposed to brain matter continously. The article can be found in the current issue (July/August) of Mother Jones under the title of "Cut and Kill." BTW, I used to work in slaughter facilities for 8.5 years so I do know what is going on and what they are talking about. Glad to be out of that line of work. Large scale slaughter/processing facilities leave much to be desired. We ate spam growing up though.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,286 Posts
WOW!

Believe it or not, but I did a QUICKY INVENTORY yesterday, and I have MORE vegies then SPAM!
I have more toenails than Spam! :D: :D: :D:

Though I have a heavily bruised one threatening to fall off, so it may end up being a tie.

Now, DAK canned hams I have a'plenty! Though they aren't much better, really.

·
Pleasantly demented woman
3,760 Posts
Though I have a heavily bruised one threatening to fall off, so it may end up being a tie.
Dear MikeK:

Ew.

Love,
Allamakee

Reactions: MikeK

·
Liberty or Death!
679 Posts
We have Spam, plenty of it. My son loves it fried up with rice and banana sauce. I can eat it if I have to but it's so salty. I keep it mainly for him since he likes it I have about 15 cans or so stored with about another 8 in the cupboard.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Spam rocks....sure its saltier and really not good for ya on a regular basis but what the hell is nowadays eh? Well, besides fruit, veggies and clean water......

Its always nice to have some comfort food through the hard times.

Spam kimchi fried rice anyone?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I can not eat spam.

What ever they use in spam make my throat feel Like its closing up.

And what ever it is is found in canned Vienna Sausages also.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I have about six cans of Spam that I bought before I learned how to can meat with my pressure canner. Why eat Spam when you can have pork loin, chicken, turkey, beef, hamburger, sausage, and ham for about the same money?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts