Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there's anyone else in Southern California on this board.

Would be good to, at least, meet and exchange ideas, plans, gear lists, etc. And, at best, to plan a camping expedition, and exchange skills.

Let me know either in this thread or by pm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for the delay. Was away on a survival trip. I'm in Los Angeles. Was thinking of having "survivalist dinners" every Wednesday evening. Would cook a meal "primitively," eat, and exchange knowledge, information, skills, and ideas. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wondering if there's anyone else in Southern California on this board.

Would be good to, at least, meet and exchange ideas, plans, gear lists, etc. And, at best, to plan a camping expedition, and exchange skills.

Let me know either in this thread or by pm.
I'm in San Fernando Valley, Canoga Park/Chatsworth. Unfortunately I don't have the time and $ for regular meetings and weekly dinners. However, a couple of intro/monthly/bi-monthly meetings and maybe planning some BOB hikes would be a good start.

With all the traffic in LA on a normal day, image the traffic to get to your home base in a SHTF scenario. Something is better than nothing, so if there is a way we can start to establish a network of locations and contacts, that might be a good idea. Thoughts?

Who wants to come up with the secret handshake?

·
Just use a 2x4
822 Posts
You are SO trapped by traffic.... I moved out of Granada Hills five years ago and have NEVER looked back.

I'm in San Fernando Valley, Canoga Park/Chatsworth. Unfortunately I don't have the time and $ for regular meetings and weekly dinners. However, a couple of intro/monthly/bi-monthly meetings and maybe planning some BOB hikes would be a good start.

With all the traffic in LA on a normal day, image the traffic to get to your home base in a SHTF scenario. Something is better than nothing, so if there is a way we can start to establish a network of locations and contacts, that might be a good idea. Thoughts?

Who wants to come up with the secret handshake?

·
Registered
167 Posts
another OCer here.

id love to attend one of those primitive dinners you speak of, but wednesday would be damn near impossible for me to make it up there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am in LA proper (Fairfax/Melrose), and would be happy to put something together.
Any days/nights better than others? Doesn't have to be a big thing - it's about laying the groundwork, and just getting something started.

I'm new at this, and at the same time, ready to step up. Let me know how I can help.

b

"those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it..."
Chinese proverb

·
Fisherman
637 Posts
We could meet up do a hike/campout in the Angeles National Forest, im always up there Camping/Hiking/Backpacking/Off roadin etc. Was up there today actually for a morning hike up to Mt Lowe before work, It's right next to Mt Wilson, it was nice and clear we could see Catalina, Downtown L.A. buildings, and even boats out in the ocean. About 1 hour each way, spent about an hour on top the mountain. Found the GEOCASCHE without my gps and put in a whistle.

·
Registered
400 Posts
let's make sure we all join the SoCal group. Might be a better way to coordinate than through this thread.

Trotline, love your idea, other than the fact that I'm desperately out of shape, but I can work up to it.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts