Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: March 13, 2009
Location: Martin Dies, Jr. State Park - http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/martin_dies_jr/

Spot #37 - Enter the park and drive straight to the back. When you see the lake, the road will turn 90 degrees to the right. Spot 37 will be on the left hand side, in the 90 degree turn. I will have my pull behind pit parked at the camp spot.

Time: Anyone interested in attending, should do so between 12 noon - 6pm.

Other facilities include screened shelters; campsites with water; campsites with water and electricity; a group dining/meeting hall; restrooms with hot showers; trailer dump stations; playgrounds; lighted fishing piers; fish-cleaning facilities; boat ramps; 4 miles of multi-use trails for hiking and mountain biking; 2 miles of nature/interpretive trail; a Texas State Park Store located at the Headquarters and a Nature Center located in the Walnut Ridge unit.
My wife and I are going to head over to the park on Saturday, February the 13th and pick out a spot. We will try to reserve it a month ahead of time and post the site # here. Anyone interested in camping, they can call and reserve a spot close to ours.

I will most probably pull my pit over to the park and put some meat on the grill. We are talking brisket, maybe some ribs, hot dogs, pork chops, sausage,,,,. I have a chest freezer full of meat right now, so having plenty of food should not be a problem.

This will be a family friendly event.

You do not have to have a fishing license to fish in the park. So if you want to bring the kids, and do some fishing, go right ahead.

If you plan on attending, please bring lawn chairs, some kind of snack, your own drinks. If you want to cook something after you arrive, there should be room on the grill for whatever you bring.

When my wife and I pick out a camping spot, I'll update this thread.

Any merchants interested in donating door prizes, please contact me directly.

The park charges a small entry fee. Attendees will be responsible for paying their own fees.

---- Edit 2-16-2010 ----

My wife and I reserved a camping spot. Its a first come first serve, so I do not know which spot we will be getting yet.

---- Edit 2-27-2010 ----

Anyone interested in attending will be responsible for their own accommodations.

Accommodations in Jasper, Texas

Best Western
Holiday Inn Express
Ramada Inn

·
Registered
34 Posts
camp out

am new here and interested in a meet up with like minded folks i live near crockett and will surley make the trip keep us posted!!

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I reserved us a spot. The camping places are first come, first serve, so I do not know which number we will be able to get until the day we check in.

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
I think I might just attend

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be there

Kev,

I'll be there, as well. Should be a fun weekend. I hope many people will find their way there, so that we can meet and share our survivalist ideas. I'm coming from Odessa, out here in West Texas, so it will be a fairly long drive for me. So, no excuses everyone!

·
Profiling... it works.
187 Posts
Keep in mind- this is scheduled for the 13th also

March 13, 2010 — Martin Dies, Jr. SP — Spring Fling — Join us for an afternoon of games and activities for the whole family, including ladder ball, dart toss, horseshoes and washer toss, horsey ride, beanbag games, and more! Listen to live music and sing along! Refreshments served. Held at the Hen House Unit. 2-5 PM (409) 384-5231.

:):):):):):):)

·
Da BADDEST MoFo!!
518 Posts
I got a spot, or Kev picked me a spot next to him. There should be enough room for at least 4 more people. I think is 8 people to a camp site.

·
Jesus Saves Sinners
742 Posts
Well, Kev, I sure wish you weren't doing this on the other side of the world, practically.:(

I always wanted to move to Texas, though, so you never know, maybe one day I'll be able to make it to your annual BBQ/get together.

·
I'm not really here...
59 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Texas is a great state but I wish I was there more than ever for this one!

Have a great time all, I'll be thinking of ya!

·
250 Posts
Wow, wish id a seen / known about this a little sooner. Have fun everyone! Maybe next year for me.

·
Governance Without State
762 Posts
Too late for me to plan to be there. Wish I had checked out this forum sooner! Next year, though.

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Southeast Texas survivalist

Wow, wish id a seen / known about this a little sooner. Have fun everyone! Maybe next year for me.
Every year around March - April I have a get together/meet and greet. This is the third year that the event has been held. Its usually held on the first weekend of April, but this year that is easter weekend. Because easter is on the weekend that I usually have the event, it was moved up a couple of weeks.

Next year is already in the planning phase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully the family and I can attend next year. I didn't see the post until today and the weekend is already planned. Looks like it should be great weather though. Have fun!

Mac

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My wife and I packing up to get ready for the meet and greet.

·
Forum Administrator
16,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The location and time has been updated

1 - 20 of 23 Posts