Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Good news although it wasn't exactly difficult to get a permit in South Dakota I'm surprised they even ever bothered. Last I knew all a person had to do was walk into the the Sheriff's office, show your Id, get some paperwork, and you were pretty much good.

·
off-grid organic farmer
24,116 Posts
'Permitless'? So I can walk into a gun store, buy one, load it and just carry it anywhere I want w/o going and filing ANY paperwork with the County or State? So only the Fed's know I have a brand new gun?

Interesting.
That is America, with a 2nd Amendment.

Here in my town, I can buy a semi-auto firearm, with a NCIC check that takes a minute. Then strap it on and Open Carry.

Full-auto takes a bit more time, because you have to get the tax stamp.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
'Permitless'? So I can walk into a gun store, buy one, load it and just carry it anywhere I want w/o going and filing ANY paperwork with the County or State? So only the Fed's know I have a brand new gun?

Interesting.
Not quite. You see, because you have no permit, you are going to have to undergo a federal back ground check. If you are delayed- not an infrequent occurrence, then you will have to wait to get your gun.....The CHL permits have some benefits.

·
American made
478 Posts
Good for South Dakota! Here is Iowa we still have to ask permission to exercise our constitutional right to carry. Then if the government gives its permission we get to pay for the privilege of exercising that right. In other words we need a permit in order to carry out our 2nd amendment rights. Will we eventually have to get permits to exercise our other constitutional rights?

·
Registered
44 Posts
And I am sure I disagree with everyone of them.

How long have you lived in Wyoming?

We can also conceal carry in Wyoming without a permit, unless that is something you object to too?

Perhaps you would be happier in the Land of Christie... I think my beloved state has a East Infection!

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Not quite. You see, because you have no permit, you are going to have to undergo a federal back ground check. If you are delayed- not an infrequent occurrence, then you will have to wait to get your gun.....The CHL permits have some benefits.
Meh, could of said:
Walk into a gunshow/look in the newspaper/thrifty Nickle/Craigslist (before they nuke it)/local forum etc

Pay cash, and rock on.

Overstated.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Good news although it wasn't exactly difficult to get a permit in South Dakota I'm surprised they even ever bothered. Last I knew all a person had to do was walk into the the Sheriff's office, show your Id, get some paperwork, and you were pretty much good.
Open carry didn't require a permit at all, just concealed carry.

There is a ~$10 'paperwork tax' on the shall issue permit too.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With the exception of the super nanny states, there are a lot of positive bills going through the houses of a lot of states right now.

The federal bills are really looking to be on the wrong side of the people right now

·
Amateur of all trades
630 Posts
Maol9,
I guess blowing OPSEC and having the tactical advantage of surprise deployment with a (previously unknown to the bad guy) defensive weapon is objectionable to your all knowing psychic abilities. Lived here nearly 40 years, all my adult life. Why? What does that have to do with anything concerning CC? How long you been here?
What is this "Perhaps you would be happier in the Land of Christie" you speak of??? I know not what you are referring to. Maybe you should move there since you know all about it.
Never said object, I do not agree with it (open carry) in public places like the grocery store. I carry concealed all the time. I could not say for certain how many firearms are in my car or truck ATM.
You can disagree all you wish, but when I see open carry, it usually signals to me... "I need to show off my gun because the one I was born with is inadequate".
Do you carry "Open", concealed or not at all? I say EVERYONE (that is a responsible gun owner) should carry concealed.
Thank God we live in the Freedom state where (you and) I can carry any way I choose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts