Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most insightful "smack you in the face" scenes on any TV show I have ever seen. This is of course talking about Germany’s years with Hitler, BUT listen to what the two old men talk about and tell me this is not what is happening in today’s world to us…

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent example. It has been said that those that forget history are doomed to repeat it....but I can'r remember who said that.
I thought this really hit home

·
Lonesome Road
1,015 Posts
It does sound very familiar.

·
Renaissance Man
7,503 Posts
Excellent example. It has been said that those that forget history are doomed to repeat it....but I can'r remember who said that.
My 10th grade History teacher in high school. He was right, I had to repeat it.

Az

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was the clip from the 'Twilight Zone' ?

I wasn't joking, seem to remember it from there.
Yes, 3rd season, He's Alive starring Dennis Hopper

Reactions: whiteangel

·
Prepared Gourmet
2,964 Posts
Naomi Wolfe is a self-professed liberal feminist activist as far as I can tell. She is well spoken and her talk was interesting (thank you for the you-tube, nkjones1, because I had not heard of her and now I have), and despite it being done in 2007 and referencing Bush this and Bush that, there IS relevance today.

The 10 key steps she mentions that a government always takes when preparing to get rid of a democracy are probably good ones to watch for, and indeed most have already occurred. However, I don't see her continuing that kind of rhetoric now that the libs are in power, interestingly enough. She has apparently moved on to defending muslim practices with women - trying to show that muslim women are thoroughly happy with their lot and treatment.

Why would she not now be arguing the same principles and watchwords as she did back then, I wonder. Hmmmm I would expect even more fervour from someone so well educated about this topic given today's 'living on the edge' environment under this president - but we don't. Could it be that she will only use that tactic when it is a government she does not care for in power?

I will take from this ... the lessons she exerpted from history ... the 10 things to watch for ... and leave the rest. She has little to no credibility otherwise imho.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Naomi Wolfe is a self-professed liberal feminist activist as far as I can tell. She is well spoken and her talk was interesting (thank you for the you-tube, nkjones1, because I had not heard of her and now I have), and despite it being done in 2007 and referencing Bush this and Bush that, there IS relevance today.

The 10 key steps she mentions that a government always takes when preparing to get rid of a democracy are probably good ones to watch for, and indeed most have already occurred. However, I don't see her continuing that kind of rhetoric now that the libs are in power, interestingly enough. She has apparently moved on to defending muslim practices with women - trying to show that muslim women are thoroughly happy with their lot and treatment.

Why would she not now be arguing the same principles and watchwords as she did back then, I wonder. Hmmmm I would expect even more fervour from someone so well educated about this topic given today's 'living on the edge' environment under this president - but we don't. Could it be that she will only use that tactic when it is a government she does not care for in power?

I will take from this ... the lessons she exerpted from history ... the 10 things to watch for ... and leave the rest. She has little to no credibility otherwise imho.
I agree with you. If you notice she referenced the 2nd Amendment as a collective right belonging to the State, not the individual. She also made a gesture after mentioning Ron Paul and clearly pointed out there wasn't any other republicans on board. I didn't care for her definition of Due Process being "opportunities", I like to think of it as fair play and good sportsmanship but, thats neither here nor there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts