Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to place an order, and.... Shipping was fairly high.
I clicked accept as the items were a good enough deal.

Then I saw I was being charged tax on the shipping (tax amount and total went up)
Very odd as I was pretty sure your not charged taxes on the shipping.
Oh well, perhaps I am mistaken.

When I entered my payment information the total went up AGAIN.
Shipping (still ground) and tax total increased AGAIN.

Needless to say I did not complete the order and they did not get the sale.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,592 Posts
When you're ordering and after you add your item to your cart there's a yellow thing that's highlighted about taxes, click on it and it takes you to a page that explains it all. It's up above your order

They do now collect tax for Texas

And that sucks!

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
While PSA's POS software system should not be charging tax on the shipping, the problem is not unique to them. Case in point: one of the restaurants we like to eat at provided recommended gratuities based on the total bill, not the pre-tax bill.

I would call PSA and bring to their attention. Screenshots help.

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not just the collection taxes on shipping.

But that the total, and amount of taxes and shipping changed (up of course) after I entered my payment info. (After being "confirmed" as lower earlier.)

I know about taxes on internet orders and never mentioned that.

·
Psalm 37:28
1,147 Posts
Possibly because the shipping charges didn't initially account for the fact that ammo is considered "dangerous goods"?

Still screwy, though.

I've always had good customer service on the phone from PSA, FWIW.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Possibly because the shipping charges didn't initially account for the fact that ammo is considered "dangerous goods"?

Still screwy, though.

I've always had good customer service on the phone from PSA, FWIW.
Small arms ammunition shouldn’t have any different shipping rate simply for being such.

Not a hazmat, as primers & powder are considered, so those do get a separate hazmat fee.

——

Yah, on the whole tax bump up thing being wonky tho. Probably something goofy going on with there calculating & being a relatively new thing for PSA.

@Nomad, might be worthwhile to send them a quickie descriptive on why they lost a sale. May help them fix a prob they don’t know about, or haven’t heard enough about.

As to PSA in general, I normally will only buy there free shipping stuff these days...ive done the math on there non-free shipping stuff in the past tho. Sometimes it’s a good deal, sometimes an ok deal, and sometimes a no deal.

But no interwebs tax (YET) for Oregon.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
What sucks is how, if you leave something in your cart overnight, and the price changes.

Amazon is so bad, that happens in only 10 minutes. Usually only pennies, and sometimes in your favor...but holy crap.

With amazon you create a list then put your merchandise in it, monitor it and over a period of time they will drop the price.

That’s when I buy, sometimes if it sits in the list long enough they’ll add a coupon to reduce prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Was going to place an order, and.... Shipping was fairly high.
I clicked accept as the items were a good enough deal.

Then I saw I was being charged tax on the shipping (tax amount and total went up)
Very odd as I was pretty sure your not charged taxes on the shipping.
Oh well, perhaps I am mistaken.

When I entered my payment information the total went up AGAIN.
Shipping (still ground) and tax total increased AGAIN.

Needless to say I did not complete the order and they did not get the sale.
They started charging tax about 6 months ago. Many other online retailers have followed suit. I was going to order the clock 44 they have on sale until i saw the tax and shipping charges as well the transfer fee from my ffl. I'm better off getting it from a local LGS.

·
Fenced In
3,265 Posts
Depending on what you're ordering from PSA, you can find a "sweet spot" for items that don't ship for free. I used to do it when ordering ammo and mags, finding the cut-off where the shipping price would increase and then removing one box from my cart. Some online sellers increase the shipping price for every item, but PSA does not. Of course, that's going to be a lost cause if buying something big.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If your business isn't collecting the appropriate sales tax on shipping and handling charges, you may run afoul of state and local sales tax laws. Many states have specific rules about how to bill the purchaser, for example, whether handling and shipping – or related terms such as "delivery," "freight" or "postage" – are included in the total cost or if they are itemized together or separately. Most importantly, your customer's location may matter far more than your own.
Source; https://smallbusiness.chron.com/legal-charge-tax-shipping-handling-65706.html

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Depending on what you're ordering from PSA, you can find a "sweet spot" for items that don't ship for free. I used to do it when ordering ammo and mags, finding the cut-off where the shipping price would increase and then removing one box from my cart. Some online sellers increase the shipping price for every item, but PSA does not. Of course, that's going to be a lost cause if buying something big.
They tend to have free shipping on mag deals when you buy 10 + or certain ammo deals.

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are way to slow for me.
I'm currently waiting out a "up to 8 week wait" for my super scar 17 trigger, which I waited till black Friday to order to save $40.

I'm still shooting $3.83/box 9mm from 2006.

I just ordered replacements for the gun stuff I'll be giving away in Feb.

Slow and cheap works fine for me.

Amount of shipping changing after I enter in my payment information.... Not so much.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It was an ammo+ mags deal. With the original shipping+ tax it was basically regular price for mags (can always use more mags) & free ammo.

Probably still worth the "final price" but I don't like the screwy.
Sounds like the S&W Shield mags and ammo deal. Recently ordered and the shipping was way more than expected.

Final price was WAY better than ordering separately and that includes the tax I had to pay being in SC.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts