Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I'd see the day that a gun-control advocate praised an armed citizen, but that's exactly what's happened in Massachusetts.

It all started when a pair of armed robbers entered a liquor store with crime on their minds. One clerk, a legal gun owner, fired at the pair and killed one of his assailants.

Jim Wallace, the executive director of the Gun Owners Action League, said, "It sounds like a clear-cut case of self-defense, which is what the Second Amendment is really all about. The (clerk) was properly, lawfully in possession of a firearm. It sounds like a win-win situation."
The incredible quote came from John Rosenthal, head of the anti-gun group "Stop Handgun Violence." He told the local media, "It's a good thing the store clerk was licensed and trained and prevented this heinous crime. If it was all legal, power to the guy."
So John Rosenthal thinks armed self-defense is a good thing. I'd like to believe he's telling the truth, but there's something fishy about his statement. If Rosenthal really supports self-defense, then why doesn't he support something as simple as a "shall-issue" licensing system in the state of Massachusetts? As things stand (in part because of Rosenthal's support for gun control), police chiefs across the state have the power to deny gun licenses to anyone they want, for any (or no) reason at all.
I'd like to think Rosenthal has seen the light, but I think it's more likely he's seen the future. The Supreme Court has said the Second Amendment protects an individual right, the American people support the Second Amendment, and gun banners like Rosenthal are fighting to stay relevant, even if that means abandoning or moderating their positions. It's another sign that we're winning, even in Massachusetts.

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts