Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
Gret pics. I especially enjoyed the muddy boys, but that's because I enjoy boys and all they can get up to. Nice to see others are the same and even hold a Mud Day for them. lol

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I left Michigan because there are two seasons in Michigan: winter and mosquitos.
I left Traverse City, MI, because there was one industry: Kissing tourist ass. with tongue. while yodeling. big smile! look them in the eye!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
A friend of mine retired somewhere up the peninsula. I have tried to find him by Google searches but no luck. I envy him but I can't handle the cold, I skipped the gun show just because the temp was in the 40s and windy. When I was in the university (UTK) I rode my Triumph as long as temp was above 32°F (sometimes commuting Hwy 129) but those days are history.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A friend of mine retired somewhere up the peninsula. I have tried to find him by Google searches but no luck. I envy him but I can't handle the cold, I skipped the gun show just because the temp was in the 40s and windy. When I was in the university (UTK) I rode my Triumph as long as temp was above 32°F (sometimes commuting Hwy 129) but those days are history.
ACTUALLY.. I guess thanks to "GLOWBALL WARMING"(snicker, cough cough)
this has been one of the milder winters we have had for a while.

So far we haven't even hit -20 and that is a real surprise. And, we have only had a handful of days below zero at all. More snow this year but that is just getting back to normal. Much better than the weeks and weeks of below zero we had last year.

IF you locate next to one of the Great Lakes it will stay warmer because the Lakes carry the summer warmth deep into winter. The other thing is, according to some geography guy in Lansing, there is no place in Michigan further than 85 miles from a Great Lake. And, the farther North you go, the closer you get to them.:D::thumb:

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you must be in the UP. not below 0 here in the northern lower. lowest was 4 above this winter.
I'M In the interior just a couple long rifle shots from the 45th.
The lowest I had on my recording thermo was -13. Other than that, like I said, just a few days below zero.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...Gaylord...
NEITHER of the BIG Gs
But I am close enough that when the BIG guns go off at Grayling, when the atmospheric conditions are right, the windows will rattle.:D:

·
Living in my BOL
748 Posts
same here especially in the summer when I'm outside and its really humid. You can hear those guns a long way off

·
Registered
103 Posts
NEITHER of the BIG Gs

But I am close enough that when the BIG guns go off at Grayling, when the atmospheric conditions are right, the windows will rattle.:D:
Roscommon, Alba, Kalkaska, Fife Lake?? Haha. I know those areas well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I'M In the interior just a couple long rifle shots from the 45th.
The lowest I had on my recording thermo was -13. Other than that, like I said, just a few days below zero.
...Gaylord...
NEITHER of the BIG Gs
same here especially in the summer when I'm outside and its really humid. You can hear those guns a long way off
I'm close enough to you guys to know what you're talking about. Lowest here was -11 although that wasn't official. I can tell you where it got to -20, but that's because I know my county well. Not just where the official temps are taken, but also how much I can deviate from it, and where the really cold spots are.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Traverse City: lake effect snow. wind blows across Lake Michigan, hits land, goes up, gets cold, drops it's moisture in a band on the east side of the lake

here in central NM the 10 day weather forecast looks the same from April to October: 40 degree temperature swing from day to night. TC ten day forecast in the winter is a horizontal line, no temperature variation.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm surprised that there's so many northern Michigan people here
IT IS Northern Mich in winter.. if your snowmobile isn't running what else is there for entertainment???:D:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts