Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get a bit of advice really, some ******* at my school decided it would be a laugh to write things in the dirt all over the back of my car, this occasionally happens so its not a big deal so i just brushed it of.

Returned home yesterday and gave my car a rinse with some water to find that the writing can be seen in the paintwork from a good couple of feet away.

It is all over the back panel of my car and because of the dark metalic colour it seems to show up more than it would normally, any suggestion on how to get this of or of any products to use.

Am open to suggestion of how i can get the culprits back too if any of you guys have an idea or 3 :thumb:

The very angry car owner :mad:
Concernedenglish

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
A good paste wax should remove the scratches. If not you could try some turtle wax rubbing compound and a good wax after that.

Same thing happened to me 20+ years ago. I used a product called Liquid Glass to get rid of it, but that stuff is pretty hard to find nowadays and not cheap either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dont do the bologna or the brake fluid they are both really destructive, and kinda scorched earth...

if you have the time I would get a few rolls of pennies, then lay them out one by one, side by side to cover an area of the cars hood or trunk lid.

type a note without your name or anything that would incriminate you something to the effect of...
"To make you appreciate the time and effort that goes into maintaining a cars finish I would like to propose a small game. On this car are a number of pennies. The pennies are harmless so long as they remain still, or if they are removed delicately and with great care, however this will be time consuming. On the other hand the pennies could all just be brushed to the side or left in place to fall off as you head down the road which will take little or even no effort from you, however this will have an adverse affect to the finish and paint on the vehicle. The choice is yours to take the time and appreciate the hard work of maintaining a cars look or to forever live with the consequences of your hasty or not so well thought out actions."

I have seen the repercussions of this a few times and even saw a guy wipe all the pennies across his car's hood. this would be exact revenge for what was done to your car eye for an eye.

Wasn't paying attention and now realized you are probably in the UK so instead of pennies use the cheapest coins you guys have

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,430 Posts
A little rubbing compound followed by some good paste wax. I'd take it to an auto paint shop, they have some commercial stuff that might buff it out. I had some scratches on my hood, they did it for free.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
pour a bottle of Coca-Cola on the paint job of the offenders car--- end of the paint job............ just imagine what it does to paint - - think what it does to a nail dropped in a bottle

or dump the bottle in the gas tank -- think whatthe sugar and other chemicals will do to the fuel system and engine

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
You could always drop a few nuts and bolts into the wheel or under the hubcap. It will not do any damage, but it will make a hellava lot of noise. Maybe he will waste some time and money getting "the problem" looked at.

If you are into security, chain his bumper or axle to a pole or hydrant with some heavy chains and padlocks...

·
Registered
388 Posts
pour a bottle of Coca-Cola on the paint job of the offenders car--- end of the paint job............ just imagine what it does to paint - - think what it does to a nail dropped in a bottle

or dump the bottle in the gas tank -- think whatthe sugar and other chemicals will do to the fuel system and engine
Coke won't affect the paint. My wife is constantly tossing soda of some sort out the window (not the container, just whatever warm soda is left in the bottom of the cup). This results in a sticky mess down the whole side of the vehicle. *sigh*

Mythbusters put all sorts of stuff into a gas tank and didn't affect the vehicle at all.

You could always drop a few nuts and bolts into the wheel or under the hubcap. It will not do any damage, but it will make a hellava lot of noise. Maybe he will waste some time and money getting "the problem" looked at.

If you are into security, chain his bumper or axle to a pole or hydrant with some heavy chains and padlocks...
I find the bolts in the hubcaps hilarious, but... do cars still have hubcaps???

·
You're no daisy
1,309 Posts
the dirt they "wrote in/with" was gritty enough that it scratched the clearcoat finish... to fix it properly you need to have it buffed out... you can do it yourself but you can also make it MUCH worse if you don't know what you are doing... Like SGTBooker said, take it to an autopaint/autobody place and see what they say.

·
Registered
388 Posts
A big zip tie hooked to the drive shaft will drive them crazy without any damage,they would pull this trick at work a lot.
Oh man, I totally forgot about that one!!!

Anyone remember the whistling things you could stick in someones tailpipe?

Vaseline on the windshield wipers.

And from Grumpy Old Men - toss a fish under their seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
buffing is the only way if that doesn't work than try sanding with a little 2000 wet grit paper and buff it that will get it
Use progressive abrasives, starting with the mildest and moving up in abrasive qualities. Start with a mild cleaner/wax product. If that doesn't work, go to polishing compound, followed by cleaner wax. If that doesn't work, then rubbing compund, followed by polishing compound and then cleaner wax. As a last result, go to the 2000 grit wet, then compound, polish,wax.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.