Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week I have had 2 friends come up to me and ask where I get my information about preparing to survive. And I send them to this site as well as a few others I like.

A few employees at work have started to store up preps (food) at home and want to talk with me on what to buy and how to store it. I have had some pretty good talks with them. As well as continuing to talk with some preppers that really got me prepping hard.

Customers have been coming in the store to buy our old frosting tubs for storing their food in. Some of them come out and tell us what they are doing with the tubs, others hem and haw about what they want the buckets for.

Since this thing with the bail out, some of the sheeple are turning back into people.

Not a lot, but some. And in my view, some is better then none.

·
Home...where the horse is
186 Posts
Same happening here. Folks at work have been discreetly asking about what it is like to camp out for days, weeks. How to prepare, what to bring, first aid, things like that.

Friends we camp with a the park are starting to plan ahead...I figure we'll have a regular commune out in the woods.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I recently had agood friend ask me where I got the info on my preps I of course referred them here.

Time feels like it is getting short good to see people are waking up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with you arisinwind. I only let my family know we are to meet here at my home, and most of them think my husband and I are crazy....LOL We don't say much, just that in case of any disaster, we meet HERE. Always good to have a plan. I think take care of family first , then rebuild with neighbors but I have to take care of my own first as far as feeding.

·
wide awake
143 Posts
My brother floored me today by telling me he's going to buy a shotgun. Two weeks ago, I told him he'd better start putting back some food, and he informed me he had lots of food (except he didn't say it that nicely :rolleyes:). For him to admit things are sliding downhill with no end in sight anytime soon is a MAJOR admission.

Baby steps, bro - baby steps! :thumb:

BTW - not even our family knows the extent of our preps. I figure the least anyone knows, the better.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My neighbor is still asleep and a friend of mine is barely waking up. I've told my neighbor I'm not feeding him and his kids so he better get his s*** together. He says it won't get that bad. Famous last words as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Ramona M. Faunce

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
1,366 Posts
I spoke with my 87 year old Mother back in Scotland the other day and broached the subject of the hassles that are happening now and how she should be a wee bit prepared for things that might happen.
I suggested that she take an amount of cash out of the bank and keep it at home, fill her spare petrol can and go to the shops and buy some stores to put away.
To my surprise she agreed with me and then said it's only what they had done in WW2 and she'll start thinking how she and her family did it then.
My brother and his family are unfortunately still asleep.
I've done and said as much as I dare with my friends over here in Australia. If they haven't taken the bait to discuss further, then that's going to be their problem not mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I talked to some people today at work and the reaction as I thought was...I don't want to think about it and they said the media makes more out of things that don't exist.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
LOL- if anything- the media DOWNPLAY whats going on. they just play up the things that don't have political ramnifications- IR Hurricanes aren't a false flag attack- for example.

Reactions: Ramona M. Faunce

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Most cases are flash interest. The folks who were ready in Y2K have not taken an interest once they were through that. A very grave mistake on their parts.

·
Just A Shadow
694 Posts
hard to make it alone. after the fires go out, its communitites that will re-build our world not single men, no matter how well prepaired we may be.
I totally agree with you. It will be the communities of those who survived who will rebuild our world.

Those who are not prepared to survive will not get a free ride from me.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree, inpart, with what most of you are saying. I also believe that no one can do it alone. There is strength in numbers. That strength can be a prosperous strength.

Were I live, there are hard times coming, we all know this. But we are a farming and ranching community, with a small town at the heart of our valley.

If we work together, we can prosper and build up again. Together we can protect our valley from harm. This is the kind of behavior that will bring back the true America. The America that our ancestors worked for and died for, as all true Americans are willing to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been told there is something wrong with me, I need to get off the internet, I'm overly paranoid, and my personal favorite "why can't you just be happy?"

I'll be the one happily eating when the s*** hits the fan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts