Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching some of the debates, and I did not watch too many of them - I did not hear either candidate offer a real solution to a real problem. Usually the answers were along the lines of "tax cut" this or "tax cut" that. Taxes have an effect on this nation, but the president is just one person in our government. The president can not lower or raise taxes as he sees fit. It takes a whole act of congress (both houses) and then the president signs the bill into law.

This nation needs jobs, not free trade.

This nation needs affordable health care, not sky rocketing prices.

This nation needs to stop providing services to illegal immigrants when we can not even take care of our own.

We need to rebuild our roads and bridges, not rebuild Iraq.

We need to feed the hungry children here, not the hungry in some country I can not even pronounce the name of.

We need to end welfare.

We need a structured minimum wage based on the amount of money the company made, not a flat scale minimum wage. This would force companies like wal-mart to pay their employees more, but allow small businesses to compete.

We need to end protection for wall street and the banks. But both mccain and obama voted for the bail out.

We need to make a good College and University education system affordable to everyone, not just the wealthy.

And so far in this election, I have not heard too many people even start to address these issues.

·
Registered
921 Posts
While watching some of the debates, and I did not watch too many of them - I did not hear either candidate offer a real solution to a real problem. Usually the answers were along the lines of "tax cut" this or "tax cut" that. Taxes have an effect on this nation, but the president is just one person in our government. The president can not lower or raise taxes as he sees fit. It takes a whole act of congress (both houses) and then the president signs the bill into law.

This nation needs jobs, not free trade.

This nation needs affordable health care, not sky rocketing prices.

This nation needs to stop providing services to illegal immigrants when we can not even take care of our own.

We need to rebuild our roads and bridges, not rebuild Iraq.

We need to feed the hungry children here, not the hungry in some country I can not even pronounce the name of.

We need to end welfare.

We need a structured minimum wage based on the amount of money the company made, not a flat scale minimum wage. This would force companies like wal-mart to pay their employees more, but allow small businesses to compete.

We need to end protection for wall street and the banks. But both mccain and obama voted for the bail out.

We need to make a good College and University education system affordable to everyone, not just the wealthy.

And so far in this election, I have not heard too many people even start to address these issues.
I will vote for you !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts