Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of my hunting tools and photos .....
[All these animals were legally hunted and as far as possible fully utilized as well]

[Also see another one of my true life stories called 'My big Black Mamba scare' [post 4070] under the thread 'creepy stories from the outdoors']-
and also see another of my real life stories called 'Hunting stick...' under the forum 'primitive weapons..']

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My hunting rig [tools] while solo camping and primitive hunting..
[Bowie knife, spear, hunting stick [made on location] and .357 mag revolver as back-up , as there are some very nasty critters also around, and it pays to be careful out there!]

Some more of my other warthog hunting tools..

·
Getting There!
11,458 Posts
That's such a beautiful and in my eyes rare animal. I suppose that I'd have to spend time in your shoes to know.

Do you work for a park, or sanctuary? Just curious. This is very interesting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's such a beautiful and in my eyes rare animal. I suppose that I'd have to spend time in your shoes to know.

Do you work for a park, or sanctuary? Just curious. This is very interesting.
I agree with you,such a beautiful animal,and in a certain sense a pity to hunt it,but a licence is only granted where there is an abundance of them and where the damage has been proven.[they are territorial]
Not something that anybody over here take lightly,I can assure you!

This leopard is on a family members huge private game reserve with lots of exotic breeding animal herds as well.
[herds of 30-80 animals per group @ us$ 30-50 000 per animal!]

·
<--My Faverolle Chicken
878 Posts
Is it possible to trap the leopard and relocate it to another area or would that be a certain death sentence for it anyway?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's beautiful. I'm sure that any photos that you care to post will not go unappreciated. Wow!
No,unfortunately trapping is not a viable option,as they are too crafty and 'streetwise' and usually would not come near a trap!
lol
And yes,the possibility that it will wander away from the released area and in any case shot by somebody inexperienced as n problem animal [livestock] is very big.

Here is the cave in a rocky river bed from a different angle,when it rains its behind a small waterfall!

I'll tell you one thing for sure,now that I know that there is a possible resident leopard at that place,I will NOT came near it again armed with only my spear or bow and arrow!lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got him...!

Back after another tired,exhausted,hot, thirsty, exciting but successful solo spear hunt without dogs ect.--
I'm blessed to could have pulled this off,as not many people worldwide have achieved this in the wild without any other person or dog near..

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Anybody ever see that video of the leopard the three heavily armed hunters were stalking? That thing vanished in the tall grass then all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere and jumped up and bit one hunter in the center of his chest. I think he bit another one too before the third guy finally shot it point blank as it was attacking.

This is probably the LAST animal on the face of the earth you would want to go try poking with a sharp stick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anybody ever see that video of the leopard the three heavily armed hunters were stalking? That thing vanished in the tall grass then all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere and jumped up and bit one hunter in the center of his chest. I think he bit another one too before the third guy finally shot it point blank as it was attacking.

This is probably the LAST animal on the face of the earth you would want to go try poking with a sharp stick.[/QUOTE

I fully agree, and they can disappear in plain sight....

Thats for sure,practicing survival/SHTF games is one thing,but confronting or trying to hunt a leopard comic book/walt disney style is a big no-no and a definitive suicide attempt.....

Facing an avoidable disaster in a Leopard attack, even when under you are 'ready' circumstances is just asking for it....!

You are not even safe INSIDE your Jeep,as it WILL attack if cornered or angered,even if it has to go through a half opened window..

Nah,if you want to live, best be clever about it and leave it for the properly trained and skilled professionals.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oom sekelbos, is daai n astra 357mag rollie? Kan nie mooi sien op foto nie maar grip lyk soos myne. (Uncke sekelbos, is that a astra 357mag revolver? Can't be 100% sure from that foto but the grip looks like mine)

1 - 20 of 120 Posts