Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My preference is a stainless 10/22 ruger, a stainless auto 22 pistol, a mini-14 in stainless, 870 or mossberg 12 gauge, a single shot shotgun and a single shot 22 rifle and a single shot 223

·
Registered
282 Posts
if i get down to the nitty gritty of what i in bare need. all i need is any good .22 and a good AR or AK for defense

·
Registered
458 Posts
My preference is a stainless 10/22 ruger, a stainless auto 22 pistol, a mini-14 in stainless, 870 or mossberg 12 gauge, a single shot shotgun and a single shot 22 rifle and a single shot 223
Sounds like a good, well-rounded arsenal. Personally, I'd drop the 3 single-shots, substiture a .22 revolver with interchangeable cylinder for the auto pistol, and add a .357 and a pocket pistol. Also a powerful .22 air rifle. :)

Jim

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Sounds like a good start...If it were me I'd probably add a .308 caliber rifle to balance it out and add some long range ooomph.
Peter

Reactions: Smoothbore

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
The stainless 10/22 for instance ,fitted with the synthetic stock is considered all-weather ,the negative of course of stainless is the glare factor ,not only to the shooter but also it may give up your position to hostiles.

On the other topic, I don't see the point of owning a single shot "anything".

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Nothing a little OD green spray paint wouldn't cure....
That'd knock the shine off...
Peter

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
The stainless 10/22 for instance ,fitted with the synthetic stock is considered all-weather ,the negative of course of stainless is the glare factor ,not only to the shooter but also it may give up your position to hostiles.

On the other topic, I don't see the point of owning a single shot "anything".
I have a couple old 12 ga single shots, but they were handed down to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts