Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) can you wear the combat load setup and use the existence load?
2) attaching of other A.L.I.C.E. components to an existence load. how much room for expansion or personalization?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry the first part was in regards to the combat load or suspenders web belt and pouches. this is different from the existence load or the actual pack with frame. was wondering if you can wear both at same time or if the belt of the pack allows for enough space to add stuff to it.

sorry if this all was unclear and sorry for spelling i am in class typing fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alice

Of course you can wear a pack with an ALICE rig. After 8 years of wearing that crap for Uncle Sam, I prefer just rucking it. Damn a Batman belt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i was thinking. i dont feel that i would really need the belt with the doodads but it was a thought jsut wanted input. thanks

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I have the large alice. its very versital and darn near indestructable.

shor answer...get it. i bought mine slightly used for $40. straps stuck, upgrade them and the waste pad. Also get buckles for the main cargo straps and your set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeha i was already getting one. got a medium alice for 30 incld shipping frame and all that goodness im jsut waiting for it to come. i figure worst case scenario if i ever need more i can lash additional equip onto it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
thats what i was thinking. i dont feel that i would really need the belt with the doodads but it was a thought jsut wanted input. thanks
You'll want the belt with all the doodads so that you don't have to hump your ruck at all times to have your essential gear with you. Your LBE and your pockets will hold all your first line survival gear and your ruck can contain your luxury items like more water, sleeping bag or whatever.

If you ever have to dump your heavy ruck to get out of an area fast you'll still have water and other essential gear.

I don't know if you're talking about a shooting situation but, if so, you'll definately need a way to carry your ammo and that's where the doodads come in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well as of right now its just a general survival situation more hiking camping hiking scenario not a firefight. but i understand what you are saying as far as using it as a tac garment as well that is somethign further down the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We're not in Fallujah...

Why would we as survivalist's need a combat load? What's the likelihood that we'll be in a firefight anytime soon? no doodads. your cargo pocket can carry all your first line essentials. and a simple canteen can carry water. besides if you're stranded, what could you possibly have to run from? well the boys from deliverance of course, but you certainly wouldnt be running from any wildlife. too dangerous, stand your ground and have a nice meal. and as far as running with an lbe on...not a sound choose. three words to that effect... chafing chafing chafing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey my thoughs guys
(note - i dont expect an infantry engagment or break contact any time soon!)

around my neck
a lighter, spork, can opener, id cards

my ventile smock (light weight jacket)
my maps,
note book,
compass,
sigs kit, freebee flars, strobe, marker panel, amd torch,a dressing
& still to this day a small survival kit.
10 rounds of ammo (wrapped emergency use)
Leatherman

belt kit or vest
Folding knife, and knife,water bottle, cups canteen, milbank filter, steritabs
ammo (whatever you take hunting plus a little more), fishing kit, about 3 main meals, brew kit, 4 blocks of heximine fuel, a beanie, flight gloves, a small nylon fly, mozi headnet, a multi band yaesu tx,rx handheld, small firstaid kit, folding saw, sunscreen, para cord and mozi rep

Bergen
everything else

Just my stuff
God Bless

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
hey my thoughs guys
(note - i dont expect an infantry engagment or break contact any time soon!)
around my neck
a lighter, spork, can opener, id cards
my ventile smock (light weight jacket)
my maps,
note book,
compass,
sigs kit, freebee flars, strobe, marker panel, amd torch,a dressing
& still to this day a small survival kit.
10 rounds of ammo (wrapped emergency use)
Leatherman
belt kit or vest
Folding knife, and knife,water bottle, cups canteen, milbank filter, steritabs
ammo (whatever you take hunting plus a little more), fishing kit, about 3 main meals, brew kit, 4 blocks of heximine fuel, a beanie, flight gloves, a small nylon fly, mozi headnet, a multi band yaesu tx,rx handheld, small firstaid kit, folding saw, sunscreen, para cord and mozi rep
Bergen
everything else
Just my stuff
God Bless
Some items need translated to English. As I bleeding don no watt ya saing.
"freebee flars"?
what kind of can opener, your idea of a P-38/51?
what makes about 3 main meals? Ramen noodle soup packs?
what's in brew kit?
"mozi" who?
multi band whatsit? kinda like a FRS/CB radio?
"mozi rep"?

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
Why would we as survivalist's need a combat load? What's the likelihood that we'll be in a firefight anytime soon?
Cause there are some folks that have said they're going to survive living off people with BOBs. The havenots will attack, are you gonna talk them down or take them down?? My stuff is for me and mine, not OPs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry guys a bit off local slang in my last:
Freebee flare = pencil emergeny flare usually a pack has 9 flares with a pencil firing device. can opener = ?? nz army issue like p38 with a small spoon built in. main meals either freeze dry or boil in the bag, brew kit= moffie (dry mixture of coffee, chocolate, and sugar) in a 200ml plastic bottle, mozi head net= mosquito net (mosquito repelant) for over ya head, multiband handheld = yeah like frs/cb but operates on 2m/6m/70cm bands with about 5 watts output, rx many other stations as well brand yaesu model vx6,. Bergen= uk issue infantry type pack,

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts
Like rlbrewer, I spent years humping the ALICE around. Its a good ruck. However, if you haven't made your purchase, and you have some cash to spend, take a look at the ILBE. Its tough as hell, spacious, and comfortable. Its internal frame like a lot of the commercial stuff, and is designed to transfer the weight to your hips in order to keep as much as possible off your upper back and shoulders.

Just stay away from the MOLLE!

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts
Like rlbrewer, I spent years humping the ALICE around. Its a good ruck. However, if you haven't made your purchase, and you have some cash to spend, take a look at the ILBE. Its tough as hell, spacious, and comfortable. Its internal frame like a lot of the commercial stuff, and is designed to transfer the weight to your hips in order to keep as much as possible off your upper back and shoulders.

Just don't go with the MOLLE!

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i really like my medium alice and i feel i can put everything i need into it for either a bob or camping/hiking trip. i also made a vest out of an old bdu top just cut off the sleeves and voila! instant vest with good size pockets 4 of'em even. i do want to send alice to tacticaltailor.com and have them add some upgrades to'er. cool thing about it it's kinda like having your wife get implants. ;) ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Alice Pack ? Your not talking about a purse are you ? I'm kidding. I use an Alice for short camping trips. Weekenders. Plenty of room in my medium.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts