Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put together/shopped for a small solar power system to maybe run a well pump for the short term?

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
I investigated this, as I think it's a good idea.

But my well pump, as most, runs on 220 VAC and uses several amps of current, which means that the solar array had to be pretty substantial in order to keep charged a battery bank large enough to supply the necessary power.

Doable, but expensive. If you want to know more, contact me privately and I'll provide you with more details.

·
Banned
317 Posts
At this time I do have a 120W pannel attached to two 12 volts deep charge batteries..........I keep it for my night spot light and my security system if the power goes out.

About the night spot light........is a marine spot light that turns around up to 340 degrees and also up and down (12v) I attached to a TV camera and the whole thing twenty feet above my home (I extended the wires 50 feet).........at night when one of my seven alarms goes off all that I have to do is to turn on the spot light and point it to where the alarm went off and I can see what is going on without getting out of bed.............. usually deers, foxes, bear, racoon or my danm cats.

I can monitor up to 85% of my property.......day time no need for spot light.

Only cought one guy in the spot light and he took off running like a deer in my healight :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts