Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Praying for our country.
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread here awhile ago talking about using lawn solar lights as lighting in emergency situations but now I can't find it. Anyone know? Thanks! :thumb:

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
My experience has been that the solar floodlights are the way to go. Specifically talking about the brand sold at chinamart. They have a larger solar pad than the walkway style solar lights. They are brighter, and hold a charge all night if they can get 4-5 hrs. of sun. And they will even get a little charge on overcast days. The walkway style lights seem to need about an hr. of sun to get an hr. of run time. I have several of both types and they are all still working going into the second year of having them. I think the batteries are pretty amazing ,considering they have to withstand the elements year round.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I bought 8 cheap $2 ones from Walmart. 4 did not work when I got them home. Two died within a week. One a month later. Now there is the sole survivor in my front yard, warding off the dark.

I did get some 2 LED ones, with replaceable rechargeable batteries in them.
Those 6 work very well.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,167 Posts
I bought 8 cheap $2 ones from Walmart. 4 did not work when I got them home. Two died within a week. One a month later. Now there is the sole survivor in my front yard, warding off the dark.

I did get some 2 LED ones, with replaceable rechargeable batteries in them.
Those 6 work very well.
Replace the batteries in the dead ones. Bad batteries are the cause about 99% of the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts