Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need backpack sprayer recommendations for soil injections. Most of it will be liquid insecticides and fertilizer. I don't need anything fancy, probably hand pump will do its job fine.

Been looking at a few 4 galon ones. Got it narrowed down to these:
1. Chapin International 61500
2. Solo 475
3. Roundup 190314

All of these are about the same money. Which one won't break one me after one season?

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,836 Posts
I need backpack sprayer recommendations for soil injections. Most of it will be liquid insecticides and fertilizer. I don't need anything fancy, probably hand pump will do its job fine.

Been looking at a few 4 galon ones. Got it narrowed down to these:
1. Chapin International 61500
2. Solo 475
3. Roundup 190314

All of these are about the same money. Which one won't break one me after one season?
I have the 'Solo' model. I have had to replace the wand with all metal.

I destroyed one by leaving it outside over winter.

In the fall, make sure to load it with hot-water and dish soap to cycle through a few times. Before you put it up for storage.

Some of the weed killers I use will form sticky gunk that wants to harden and make the sprayer useless. So I have to take extra steps to clean it out after each season.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you run a round of vinegar water thought them and then plain water they should last a long time. The vinegar will help break down what ever they use to make it stick to the plants and flush everything out.

A lot of sprayers have a filter in the handle. These clog up and hold liquid that freeze in the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts