Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed SOG makes a lot of nice looking multi-tools and I never used one myself. They seemed like they might be a nice buy though. Anyone ever used one? If so how is it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a SOG Paratool, two SOG Powerlock EOD's, a leatherman wave (well sorta), and an original leatherman. The SOGs have taken everything I've thrown at them and they are still in absolutely perfect condition. The original leatherman is much the same...not as heavy material, but it's held up to everything thrown at it. I think they've decreased quality a bit in order to make some of their new ones since the leatherman wave broke after a bit of hard use. I'm making a new pivot pin for it to put it back into use, however, I think it will be a light use tool for me, not something for heavy duty work.

The SOGs all have well thought out useable designs which function quite well. Every aspect of the tool is well made and works just as it was intended to. I would definetely recommend a SOG multi-tool as a good buy if you have the money to spend on one. I've found that alot of the time you can find original leathermans available for very very low prices which also makes them quite desireable.

--Wintermute

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a SOG Paratool, two SOG Powerlock EOD's, a leatherman wave (well sorta), and an original leatherman. The SOGs have taken everything I've thrown at them and they are still in absolutely perfect condition. The original leatherman is much the same...not as heavy material, but it's held up to everything thrown at it. I think they've decreased quality a bit in order to make some of their new ones since the leatherman wave broke after a bit of hard use. I'm making a new pivot pin for it to put it back into use, however, I think it will be a light use tool for me, not something for heavy duty work.

The SOGs all have well thought out useable designs which function quite well. Every aspect of the tool is well made and works just as it was intended to. I would definetely recommend a SOG multi-tool as a good buy if you have the money to spend on one. I've found that alot of the time you can find original leathermans available for very very low prices which also makes them quite desireable.

--Wintermute
Thanks man! Yeah, I got a Leatherman Juice thats meant for light work. Its nice but I wouldn't put it through any real heavy abuse. Which is exactly why I was looking at the SOGs. They look pretty big too which is nice.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
I owned the SOG Paratool and it never let me down,more of a knife man myself ,like i said in another thread multitools are a jack of all trades master of none.

·
Welcome to reality
43 Posts
here is my original SOG paratool. it is quite old maybe 5+ years. I even called up SOG and ordered a saw blade to replace the philips bit. So now my paratool which is small and lightweight, also has a saw blade. Fantastic customer service.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts