Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Local BAMF
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had a new member join from Norway and it reminded me of a classic Norwegian staple food that would probably be of interest to preppers here.

Lefse, to the average American reader, is basically like a soft tortilla but made with potatoes instead of flour or corn. Since many of us grow potatoes, I thought it would be useful to point out that it is easy to make flat breads like tortillas out of potatoes.

You can use these the same way you would use a tortilla. Norwegians often will use it like a desert bread, too. Spread a little butter on it, sprinkle some sugar on, drop some fresh picked berries in there, roll it up and eat it. Great stuff!

Here are some recipes to try making your own lefse. As you will see, it's not that hard:
http://www.lefsetime.com/all_about_lefse/lefse_recipes.php

·
Member, Tin foil hat club
397 Posts
Great, thank you! We have been working on making our own simple flat breads since Passover- just for fun to see what it would take in a EOTW situation. Didn't want to pay through the nose for matzoh, anyways. (Yes, we are Christian, but we still celebrate it.) Anyways- I look forward to trying another way to make flat bread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts