Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I checked my bank account to be sure that my direct deposited paycheck went through. It did, but my balance was lower than it should have been. After investigating this, I found that the amount i pay towards social security went up substantially. I have heard that this is because of the Afordable health care act. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, didn't the president promise that nobody making less than $250,000 a year would feel a tax increase due to the act? Please correct me if anything I've said is incorrect. Just trying to make sense of my government raping my paycheck. Thanks!

·
Enjoying life
96 Posts
In 2011 there was a 1 year 2% cut in the ss tax. It was then extended 1 more year for 2012. It was not extended into 2013.

·
It is what it is.
1,617 Posts
All taxes have an effect on all of us because when they happen it effects the economy. It is just a trickly down effect.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
Want to hear something funny? SS went up 2%, and the military servicemen got a 2% raise. Yay, cancels out any kind of real "raise". I mean 2% doesn't even keep up with inflation.
I believe it was actually only 1.3%. Oh and it gets better, I am supposed to making another 100 bucks a month now and guess what...somehow I am still earning a few bucks less than last month!

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
All taxes have an effect on all of us because when they happen it effects the economy. It is just a trickly down effect.
kinda like the repubs economic plan? the same one George had? the same one that trickly downed to our recession/depression? say it isn't so!!!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
So congress voted to discontinue the ss cut? Guess they need more of our money to waste?
No. The TEMPORARY reduction in your portion of FICA taxation went into effect 1/1/11. Your contribution was reduced by 2%. The temporary reduction was scheduled to expire 12/31/11. Congress voted to EXTEND the reduction 1 year.
The extension automatically expired 12/31/12.

Congress could have voted to extend it further they did not.

Why did I not see folks posting in 2011 and 2012 praising their 2% increases in their paychecks?

The whole thing was ridiculous to begin with given the financial state of Social Security.

And it had absolutely nothing to do with "Obamacare".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts