Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forever Vigilant
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took all of my unsighted guns to the range for a sight-in. It has been a long time coming and I have been putting it off. In fact, one of my guns got a new scope 5 years ago, and I never took it to the range....until now.

In the past, all of my first three rounds from a new gun, or new set of sights has been in the paint on the first shot at 100 meters. So, for quite some time, I put off sighting in my guns knowing that they would at least be accurate enough to use if I ever needed to do so in a hurry. Well, was I in for a shocker!

I fired 5 rounds from my high powered rifle and none of them even hit the target or the frame (3' x 5')! I took the rifle and had it bore sighted ... 4 more rounds - no hits! Bore site again and finally hit the upper edge of the target frame 18" high and 7" left. I was dumbfounded to realize that had I tried to use that weapon for food or defense, it would have gotten me killed. I trusted that my luck with previous weapons and sight changes would be the same. My other weapons were also not on the paper. We spent several hours on the range getting everything zeroed.

Learn from my mistake - go and get your guns sighted in if you have not already done so!

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Thanks.

Good thing noone tried to hurt you!
You would be surprised on how little it would have helped.

Glad they are ready to go. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts